• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2019 Gold Bullion Cheap

CoinBuyer1975

Hello All,

Has anyone seen this 2019 Bullion Coin advert in the Daily Mail, seems too good to be true @ £234.99 its cheaper than anywhere else i can find, (inc Chards/Bullion by post). 

Has anyone dealt with them, checked out website and facebook page, shows clips of them sending out these bullions, must be worth a go?

Cheers, CB_1975514216735_AdvertGoldBullion.thumb.jpg.bcd8aff6165dfdde22a7c5ba192b0ec2.jpg

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its a common American tactic - Loss lead or small profit on a single coin and then get you on a database for future marketing. doesnt mean that the deal is bad though. 

My concerns are that the two directors have never had any bullion companies before. https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/DqGC1Qyy_LGAGWjSTvqZpAa6MtY/appointments

And their previous companies have really bad reviews. and some of their companies have been liquidated. I would approach with caution. 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

Wasn't at all impressed by their amateurish website.
Very much a start-up despite claiming years of experience ( plumbers merchants perhaps ? )
Here at The Buckingham Collection we have years of combined industry experience and knowledge
Allow 28 days for shipping - eh ??
Once payment has been made in full we will aim to deliver your goods within 28 days
How much are they charging for delivery ?
Cannot find this anywhere.

Atkinsons price is £254 delivered at the time of posting and is 100% guaranteed so I won't be risking £10 assuming BC charge about £10 for delivery.

28 minutes ago, CoinBuyer1975 said:

when spoke on phone they advised lot less than that.. and sent 1st class signed recorded 2.99 P&P.. worth a punt well under market value

BC_1975

Low shipping cost is a bonus but as long as they cover loss since RM will not compensate adequately for a gold sovereign if not delivered.
Yes - worth a punt if you can pay using a credit card for that extra peace of mind.

• 2 weeks later...

They’re loss leaders.  These companies make their money selling lots of other overpriced coins to people who don’t shop around.  Once you’ve bought from them they send you offers for other coins at ridiculously high prices (that can usually be bought cheaper elsewhere).  I got one of the 2019 sovs from Harrington & Byrne for £239.  Nothing wrong with it.  I opted out of email offers but they send a letter every week offering me something else at a silly price.  I just throw them in the bin but I’m sure plenty of people buy them,  particularly as they offer split payments (pay 25% every month for 4 months for example).

3 hours ago, Joe637 said:

Why is it so cheap? It's below spot at this price.. or am I missing something?   oz = 1010    1/4oz = 252.5   at today's price. Is it a trusted dealer?

A sovereign is not 1/4oz of gold.  They are 22 carat and contain 0.2353544oz of gold. At today’s spot price of £1017 that makes it £239.

5 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

Just seems too good to be true lol

I’ve already received one a couple of weeks ago from Harrington & Byrne and if you look in the ‘Today I received’ thread, so have loads of other forum members.

Dont know about the company in the first post of this thread though as the only person I can see posting about them is the person who started this thread, who is a new user and hasn’t posted about anything else yet.

Archived