• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Britannia

Groundz

I'm able to get some 2015 britannias that are in good condition for £18 each and some other coins for around the same price too. I'm just curious to know if that is something I should go for or if I should try and haggle with the price. I don't want to get in the habbit of paying too much over spot price, considering what it's at right now.  Any advice and opinions would be appreciated, thanks 

1 hour ago, Groundz said:

I'm able to get some 2015 britannias that are in good condition for £18 each and some other coins for around the same price too. I'm just curious to know if that is something I should go for or if I should try and haggle with the price. I don't want to get in the habbit of paying too much over spot price, considering what it's at right now.  Any advice and opinions would be appreciated, thanks 

Work out what its worth spot price and what percentage over that you are willing to pay taking into consideration how long historically it has taken silver to rise by that much. I know its not a good guide to the future rise or fall but we only have hindsight as a guide.

2 minutes ago, Groundz said:

What's a fair price do you reckon ?

About £16.50. I bought a whole batch for lower than that, but then I have contacts. 

Realistically you shouldnt pay more than 20-25% over spot for generic Brits is my opinion unless they are older and harder to source. Especially if you buying them for just bullion. 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

7 hours ago, Groundz said:

I just checked at the time of writing and I can buy new 2015 Brits for £15.90 each.
You will rarely find a seller of silver coins asking spot price.
Dealers will add a margin plus 20% VAT in the UK so many forum members purchase in the EU where there is low VAT but extra shipping costs.
Have a look at the website GS.be and SilverToGo and check out their cheapest silver coins.
You will find a marked difference between their low priced coins and the melt ( spot ) value so bear this in mind.
Gold on the other hand can be bought for much closer to spot say 2 or 3% over spot.

I went earlier and I got a few of them still inside the royal mint packaging for £16 each. They're actually 2013 coins, not 2015. It's an antique/Coin shop. He said he has lots of britannias and other coins. Should I buy more for that value? Or am I better getting them from silvertogo or something?  Obviously the good thing is that im not paying for any sort of delivery. Yesterday I got a 2006 panda and today I got the other one he had which was a 2010 that I paid £25 for. Any pointers and advice would be much appreciated, feel like I'm learning something from every purchase 

12 hours ago, Groundz said:

I can sell you 2018 for £17 if you want 😉

Archived