• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Good purchase?

Groundz

Hi, I'm new to stacking and I'm just looking for someone to tell me if I've made a decent purchase or not. I went to an antique shop near where I live today and picked up 4 1oz coins for £72, which is £18 per coin. I feel like I might have paid too much but I got them because I like the look. There was another Panda 2010 he wanted £25 for, is that fair or not? Also, I'm not sure what the 'Year of the Dragon' coin is or if it has any collectors value. Someone just give it to me straight please. I realised after that the panda coin has slight discoloration at the bottom of the panda side.20190123_135451.thumb.jpg.af7259b1ac357dc96b214f5dad50c486.jpg20190123_135556.thumb.jpg.39db73e3a42e01b13d9826c6ebbf2adc.jpg

Added 0 minutes later...

20190123_135727.thumb.jpg.d2ebf067c4081c3d1fffa12ecc77785d.jpg

I have more pics but it's not letting me post for some reason. The other 2 coins are an Australian 2015 Funnel-web spider which seems to be in great condition and a 2005 American eagle which has slight discoloration around the rim

The Panda 2006 silver coin is selling about GBP70 here in the East as uncirculated condition and £18 is a good deal in my humble opinion. Whereas the 2010 is about £25 here which I believe you could bargain with him at 18-20.

The eye on the right panda is confusing me, what is the triangle in its eye that shouldn't be there? is that just damage? 

I would hesitate to buy pandas unless you know what you're looking at because there's a lot of fakes (not saying this one is, I have no idea)

wut1.png.772b6fd3b017ba4d42e9afa11bf0ec55.png

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

3 minutes ago, Groundz said:

There's no damage to it, I think it's just the reflection of the light from that angle. The coin seems to be in great condition apart from a slight discolour at the bottom 

Oh? that doesn't look like something that's a reflection, but I guess you have the coin in hand

Do you have a loupe?  did it not come in a capsule? it looks like there's marks on it, I don't think it's possible there's no damage. 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

9 minutes ago, Kman said:

The eye on the right panda is confusing me, what is the triangle in its eye that shouldn't be there? is that just damage? 

I would hesitate to buy pandas unless you know what you're looking at because there's a lot of fakes (not saying this one is, I have no idea)

wut1.png.772b6fd3b017ba4d42e9afa11bf0ec55.png

Yes, the Panda is notorious for fake and not recommended for Rockies. I am lucky to have many experienced colleagues to help the screening. Apart from that, Panda is one of the most fascinating bullion for stacking and/or flipping.

I am happy to provide other pictures of it, I've taken another few from different angles and the "triangle" isn't showing up. The marks you see are mostly dust. They all came in capsules and I don't have a loupe. Any info on that other coin would be appreciated too. Thanks

That is a very good price for a 2006 Panda.  Do keep it in its capsule though - I have a 2014 which wasn't kept in a capsule and it looks distinctly dodgy compared to the one which has always been in one.  Nowhere near as glossy as it should be.

Can't help on the dragon - but it looks good.  You'll probably find it is part of a series and now you'll have to get the other 11.

28 minutes ago, Groundz said:

I think I figured out the dragon, as far as I can tell it was produced by Sunshine Minting, but I can't really find any for sale anywhere 

Can you please share the other side of the dragon?

Archived