• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Should I buy 1 oz platinum vs gold

hello,

have some loose cash.

am thinking of squeezing the trigger for either a 1oz gold or platinum bar

What would you buy if you were me?

Given the current lows of platinum pricing

what is your opinion :)

2 minutes ago, KevinFlynn said:

Platinum is offering a nice chance right now.

Gold is less risky.

Choose what you prefer.

I am putting most of my gold budget into platinum for 2019.

nice bro :)

i was planning to stack more gold instead of silver.

however, find the spot price of platinum @ $793 quite irresistible

also i noticed that only 3% of platinum exist as bullion for investment purposes so am wondering if there is more upside to platinum

some say that platinum may test $750 levels. what do you think?

I've been dithering about a 1 ounce platinum Britannia for months now...….

I think with the next Group Order quite possibly being the last before March 29, I might finally press the button on one of these through GS.be

I am no market expert. I only realized that platinum was priced lower than gold, when I was used to it being more expensive. The platinum prices show that it's tendency is downwards, and talk is that it will rise again. There also seem to be alternating effect between platinum and palladium, tied to the automotive industry.

What I saw was good enough for me to make a one time investment into platinum, and I am prepared to let this sit for 10 to 15 years until the next high.

Other than that, platinum is a speculation like silver in my eyes, and carries a risk of going out of favor in industrial use. but that is a risk I am willing to take.

If you can buy platinum at a decent price then give it a go.
It does appear low compared to gold but who knows how prices will shift in the future or what governs the market price rather than what pundits fit as an explanation.
Personally i started buying the one ounce Platinum Queens Beast coins avoiding the full VAT by buying from GS.be
Be careful with these though as they look silver in colour.

22 minutes ago, Golddigger69 said:

How about 1/2 oz Gold and 1/2 oz Platinum😛

Choice is made according to your cash situation and whether or not you are prepared to pay the additional premium ( depends on the seller of course ) for fractionals.
If a half ounce costs half of a one ounce, or marginally above, then that's a good deal.

On 24/01/2019 at 13:37, Golddigger69 said:

How about 1/2 oz Gold and 1/2 oz Platinum😛

Not much choice in half or quarter ounce of platinum, at least in bullion prices. Personally I haven't seen anything in Europe at least.

Instagram: gildeon_67

Given the higher premium on platinum, verses gold I would probably go for gold.  The cheapest premium over spot I could find for 1 oz platinum maple was 15.2% over on metalmarket.eu verses typically 3-5% for UK and european dealers (excluding shipping).  Many dealers can be a lot higher as they don't shift as much eg coininvest 34.8% for the same round.

However those in different parts of the world might get a better deal.  If the premium over spot is close to gold or less where you are, then it could be a good return. Especially as palladium the other metal used in catalytic converters is going through the roof at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

If that extra cash is burning a hole in your pocket, go for the platinum.  I did just that about a month ago and purchased several platinum coins (Cdn, USA and Aus).  I think everyone here asks the same question as you.  However, I don't have the guts to buy palladium because of its volatility; plus it's taxable here.

Archived