• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2019 oriental border

Rgcoins

Not sure what to make of this , as I loved the 2018 design and bought in with a 20x sleeve.....partly because it was called a “One time” design (which is now not entirely true🙁). . So they are being a bit cute just fiddling with the border design. Agree with you @SamCW - the 2019 has too many concentric lines now out past the radials ...if thats the right terminology.  In other words - yes, its more cluttered! 

Here is the 2018 image for comparison. 

I guess i agree with a few others - will just have to shut up and keep the run going then ! Buckle up for an annual geometry / oriental border competition ....because i am sure a 7 year old with a ruler and steady hand could design a new border for 2020, 2021 etc 😂.

84065739-BB98-48B6-BDE4-F18C140F7E66.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Lindeman said:

Not sure what to make of this , as I loved the 2018 design and bought in with a 20x sleeve.....partly because it was called a “One time” design (which is now not entirely true🙁). . So they are being a bit cute just fiddling with the border design. Agree with you @SamCW - the 2019 has too many concentric lines now out past the radials ...if thats the right terminology.  In other words - yes, its more cluttered! 

I guess i agree with a few others - will just have to shut up and keep the run going then ! Buckle up for an annual geometry / oriental border competition ....because i am sure a 7 year old with a ruler and steady hand could design a new border for 2020, 2021 etc 😂.

84065739-BB98-48B6-BDE4-F18C140F7E66.jpeg

Mints are often guilty of this BS tactic, remember the silver Krug, said it was a "one time thing" remember the 2017 Sov proof, said it was a one time design then releases the double and so on, remember the Australian Swan, said it was a one time thing etc etc, even the new gold 50p set, in the blurb they say the Kew is rare as hens teeth, but the rarity was silver and a circulation coin, so beware of what you read, it's simply there to attract unwitting buyers into believing something and relieving you of your money

The main reason I bought them last year was becuase i really like the novel design ...

Agree on the 2017 silver BU krugerrand - that really set the low mark for this: still amazing that that coin is nearly twice the price of the 2018 or 2019 BU krugerrands, just because its called “Premium BU” and was the first year out....

1 hour ago, Lindeman said:

How about this as a suggestion for 2020? Twenty stars for "20" - I can't imagine how they could update it for 2021.

image.png.549b362779107b7122a9b1ccfb3737d4.png

25 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

How about this as a suggestion for 2020? Twenty stars for "20" - I can't imagine how they could update it for 2021.

image.png.549b362779107b7122a9b1ccfb3737d4.png

Is this American Border Britannia :D

Archived