• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

I just bought the cheapest house in France?

1 hour ago, StackinJack said:

Nice buy!

We can also start our own G&S comminuty in Italy, no British or Dutch drizzle 😄

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jan/17/italian-town-sambuca-sicily-dozens-homes-for-sale-one-euro

I remember Liverpool did something like this with £1 houses, but that was just a deposit, you had to pay something like £30,000 for renovations 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Kman said:

I remember Liverpool did something like this with £1 houses, but that was just a deposit, you had to pay something like £30,000 for renovations 

In this case it is €15K I believe, and the renovations needs to be done within 3 years.
But besides that, could be still a bargain if someone was already interested in doing something like that.

I am sure Dick and Angel would wish you well..what a great programme. (Escape to the Chateau)

1AA7B0BC-5093-4F53-8218-608C23C46995.jpeg.074e20f8013527915267d1d83bd70221.jpeg

Lots of lessons to be learned from watching this...got to be careful what I say here though as I have relatives living in France!!

Lets just say.. I hope you can do most of the work yourself / friends from UK...it will be far cheaper and faster.

Hope all goes well👍👍👍

4 hours ago, bluemoon said:

Now that is cheap! I usually search for properties on this site and even in Bulgaria you get pads way worse than yours for at least 10k. You've hit a bit of a goldmine there!

Yes I know I was also looking at property in Bulgaria but the thing that put me off was the legal ownership hurdles.i believe I got it cheap as it was sort of in a family inheritance dispute....

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/01/2019 at 09:03, savoyard said:

Yes, It's now a great time for British Brexiteers to relocate to the vile Continent. Talk about timing!

Brexiteers like Europe, its peoples and different cultures.  

We dont like the EU which is completely different entity.

1 hour ago, mr-dead said:

Brexiteers like Europe, its peoples and different cultures.  

We dont like the EU which is completely different entity.

That point unfortunately gets lost in all the political arguing. Europe is a lovely continent with a rich and diverse set of cultures, languages and history which took thousands of years to evolve. It would be a shame to lose it so quickly to open borders and monoculturalism (the true end state of 'multicultural' mass immigration).

Great house you've bought for the price, you'll enjoy it once you've renovated it. I bought a property in Croatia nine years ago & you can get property there for the same price you've paid.

I had to do my homework to find out local laws as I had to ensure mine had a clean title with nobody having a claim on it from the past. Due to the Homeland war in the early nineties, Serbians left their properties in Croatia, which were then left to crumble. There's been reports that some people have done some of them up but the original owner can come back at anytime to rightfully claim it back.

I did view a log cabin in Montenegro that jumped another 10,000 Euros in price as they realised I was English. Just as well I was learning Croatian as I picked up on the fact it was built without any planning permission for the foundations, ground floor & first floor. Built on land that nobody knew who owned all the way up the side of a mountain overlooking Kotor Bay. I was told they had a solicitor who could make anything possible. I'm sure stunts like that were pulled in Spain in the past!

Also thought about Italy but I heard that you could end up buying a house and the debt to go with it. Someone can sell a property owing money on it, that then transfers to the next owner. Gave that a miss just in case.

There's some great bargains to be bought around Europe as long as the local laws are understood fully.

• 3 weeks later...

Mayenne is a great place to live-I did for a while-great place for a lads w/e retreat!  Rural, cheap, friendly (they don't like Parisiennes) but accessible to interesting places (la Mans, Lassay) & of course ferries! But I think you have done really well to pick this up -in particular an excellent offer. You could probably pick up a half acre orchard for a sovereign or two. Congratulations et tres bien

On 08/02/2019 at 13:54, CharlottEvans said:

Congratulations on the house! But I don’t think it’s the cheapest way to invest in property in France or wherever else. I invested only €2000 in multiple properties both in UK and France 😉

Please share your experience. How is it possible to invest such a small amount in real estate in two countries at once?

• 1 month later...

Just got back from signing with the French notaire last week so it’s officially mine and have the keys.one thing to look out for is the notaire fees which came to £1200 on top of the purchase price and that includes a ‘diagnostic’ that says no asbestos,fungus major building defects etc.electric and water being put back on the 10th of may and then will start work estimates as follows:

-roof £2000

-electrics £750

the rest of the decorating etc will doing myself so will update when completed.but looking at around £2000 hopefully 

all in all it was not at all as bad as I thought.looking at a July/August finish date.

21 hours ago, Toshunya86 said:

Ogb ; could you please disclose the advertised price ? How much down did you negotiate ? 

Advertised price was 15k then lowered to 10k and that’s when I put in my offer of 4500 that was accepted.that was euros so about £4000

37 minutes ago, ogb777 said:

Advertised price was 15k then lowered to 10k and that’s when I put in my offer of 4500 that was accepted.that was euros so about £4000

Thanks. So one of the key would be to check cheap offers every day and hunt for when one of them drastically goes down , it would mean they want to get rid of it or need cash and are ready to sell lower than its value. This is where you sneak in and negotiate boldly. 

• 3 weeks later...

Deals are always out there for people with cash and an eye on the market.

One of the best times to buy in my lifetime was in 2008/2009 when real estate in the United States crashed ... so many people were over-leveraged and anyone who had cash had their choice of what to buy, anything from real estate to exotic cars, there were ferarri's selling for sub-six figures.

Even today if you are paying attention deals happen all the time, and you can find them if you keep your eyes on your markets and have cash in hand when the time comes so that you can act on it fast.

Congrats to the OP for being smart.

• 2 months later...

Archived