• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

ogb777

I just bought the cheapest house in France?

1 hour ago, StackinJack said:

Nice buy!

We can also start our own G&S comminuty in Italy, no British or Dutch drizzle 😄

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jan/17/italian-town-sambuca-sicily-dozens-homes-for-sale-one-euro

I remember Liverpool did something like this with £1 houses, but that was just a deposit, you had to pay something like £30,000 for renovations 

8 minutes ago, Kman said:

I remember Liverpool did something like this with £1 houses, but that was just a deposit, you had to pay something like £30,000 for renovations 

In this case it is €15K I believe, and the renovations needs to be done within 3 years.
But besides that, could be still a bargain if someone was already interested in doing something like that.

Edited by StackinJack

I am sure Dick and Angel would wish you well..what a great programme. (Escape to the Chateau)

1AA7B0BC-5093-4F53-8218-608C23C46995.jpeg.074e20f8013527915267d1d83bd70221.jpeg

Lots of lessons to be learned from watching this...got to be careful what I say here though as I have relatives living in France!!

Lets just say.. I hope you can do most of the work yourself / friends from UK...it will be far cheaper and faster.

Hope all goes well👍👍👍

4 hours ago, bluemoon said:

Now that is cheap! I usually search for properties on this site and even in Bulgaria you get pads way worse than yours for at least 10k. You've hit a bit of a goldmine there!

Yes I know I was also looking at property in Bulgaria but the thing that put me off was the legal ownership hurdles.i believe I got it cheap as it was sort of in a family inheritance dispute....

On 23/01/2019 at 09:03, savoyard said:

Yes, It's now a great time for British Brexiteers to relocate to the vile Continent. Talk about timing!

Brexiteers like Europe, its peoples and different cultures.  

We dont like the EU which is completely different entity.

1 hour ago, mr-dead said:

Brexiteers like Europe, its peoples and different cultures.  

We dont like the EU which is completely different entity.

That point unfortunately gets lost in all the political arguing. Europe is a lovely continent with a rich and diverse set of cultures, languages and history which took thousands of years to evolve. It would be a shame to lose it so quickly to open borders and monoculturalism (the true end state of 'multicultural' mass immigration).

Edited by bluemoon

Great house you've bought for the price, you'll enjoy it once you've renovated it. I bought a property in Croatia nine years ago & you can get property there for the same price you've paid.

I had to do my homework to find out local laws as I had to ensure mine had a clean title with nobody having a claim on it from the past. Due to the Homeland war in the early nineties, Serbians left their properties in Croatia, which were then left to crumble. There's been reports that some people have done some of them up but the original owner can come back at anytime to rightfully claim it back.

I did view a log cabin in Montenegro that jumped another 10,000 Euros in price as they realised I was English. Just as well I was learning Croatian as I picked up on the fact it was built without any planning permission for the foundations, ground floor & first floor. Built on land that nobody knew who owned all the way up the side of a mountain overlooking Kotor Bay. I was told they had a solicitor who could make anything possible. I'm sure stunts like that were pulled in Spain in the past!

Also thought about Italy but I heard that you could end up buying a house and the debt to go with it. Someone can sell a property owing money on it, that then transfers to the next owner. Gave that a miss just in case.

There's some great bargains to be bought around Europe as long as the local laws are understood fully.