• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

I just bought the cheapest house in France?

Hi guys

I’m super excited after stacking gold and silver for a few years I’ve decided to step up my game and purchase my first house.being as I’m 35 and believe the worst of the generations to be born as in the U.K. it’s nearly impossible to purchase a house without a lifetime ridiculously high mortgage which is why I started looking abroad.for the measly sum of £4000 or 4 ounces of gold 😜 I’ve purchased this with the idea of probably spending that amount again and renting it out:

11107FA7-5661-4ABB-9A63-BC3478941D7A.jpeg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Gildeon said:

Some more details, area etc.?

In the mayenne area town is called val du maine not far from laval.it has a kitchen,front room toilet,shower 2 bedrooms,’cave’ loft could be easily converted to have 3 extra bedrooms and a bathroom.obviously needs work but for that price I wasn’t expecting a chateau...

It was up for 10k originally rental seems to be around the £250 mark so hopefully will pay for itself in a couple of years.Wish I would have done the same as you bullionbilly instead of spending all I was earning on flash cars and clothing as you do at that age and having 2 kids by that age didn’t help....

19 minutes ago, ogb777 said:

It was up for 10k originally rental seems to be around the £250 mark so hopefully will pay for itself in a couple of years.Wish I would have done the same as you bullionbilly instead of spending all I was earning on flash cars and clothing as you do at that age and having 2 kids by that age didn’t help....

Were not miles apart lol... i spent a fortune on petrol and booze 🤣 never been one for clothes you can count my clothes including socks and boxers using 2 peoples hands and toes 😂.

i suppose having our little en at 30 helped alot though.

Thats a great pick up. Id be interested to see how it comes along. Keep us posted will you ?

9 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

Id like to pick something up abroad for a cash purchase. Takes a lot of research though and worries me about having a weight around my neck. For 4k well worth a go!

Research was key for me checking the area house prices and rental prices.the thing that you have to ask yourself is what you want to do with it.if it’s only to be used as a holiday home and isn’t lived in for 9-10 months things start to degrade quickly when empty.for me renting long term Is the best option.i’ll probably buy another if this goes well and so on....

Great buy, we have been looking overseas to be able to afford a place with some land as even the cheapest parts of the UK are pretty much out of reach - and Mrs ST doesn't do cold and wet!

So can I ask, do you speak French? Languages are not a family strong point which is proving to be a bit restrictive!

1 minute ago, SilverTanner said:

Great buy, we have been looking overseas to be able to afford a place with some land as even the cheapest parts of the UK are pretty much out of reach - and Mrs ST doesn't do cold and wet!

So can I ask, do you speak French? Languages are not a family strong point which is proving to be a bit restrictive!

Pretty much fluent French as I spent quite a bit of my life there from 5-18 years old.funny enough all the communication with the notaries is in english..

10 minutes ago, ogb777 said:

I rent in Dagenham East london.average 3 bed house price is around 300k here.i have thought about further north but as another member pointed out it’s also colder wetter and no chance of getting something for 4K 

Argh I see, mention London & the price is alot more :) most average earners couldn't afford a 300k property tbh. I know they wouldn't lend me that kind of £. Just glad I got mine 5yrs ago when I was 24 & had equity to move recently into a bigger house, not London though. 

4k is deffo worth a punt, never imagined you could get that cheap in France. I would be expecting Romania or something for that price.

Silverforum meet in France anyone :D

Archived