• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Commemorative Coins

ZatStackz

Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Commemorative Coin Program
https://www.usmint.gov/learn/coin-and-medal-programs/commemorative-coins/apollo-11-50th-anniversary

I haven't seen a thread about these yet.  Anyone in the US planning on picking some up?  The 5 oz is very tempting, but a hefty premium @ $225.  Releases on the 24th.

20181213_apollo-coin-jpg.118945

i notice they have got the shadows going in different directions on the right coin in the photo - very authentic. Very impressive coinage indeed.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

I was planning on picking up all the issues.  It should be a popular release.  I had my doubts on the finalized design based on artist renditions.  It appeared too cluttered.  This is the first picture I've seen of an actual coin in hand and I have to admit it looks fantastic.

Yes added to basket , put in card details and got a order number . I  started freaking out when I got this email

"We are processing your recent order placed with the United States Mint. You will receive a confirmation email with more details within 24 hours.

Thank you for shopping with the United States Mint."

Yeah

1 minute ago, WicklowSilver said:

Yes added to basket , put in card details and got a order number . I  started freaking out when I got this email

"We are processing your recent order placed with the United States Mint. You will receive a confirmation email with more details within 24 hours.

Thank you for shopping with the United States Mint."

Yeah you should be good to go. As long as it didn't say "BACK ORDER" on the button, but even so it states the backorder is May.

Yeah their online chat has never worked for me.  You can give them a call at the number listed, though their customer service might be pretty busy today.

So did they charge you 4 instead of 5 5ozers?  Sounds like you were the last order processed.  Lucky :D

Also might have to do with currency conversion?  Not sure how it works when ordering from over there.

33 minutes ago, WicklowSilver said:

Just got confirmation email (2nd email from them) showing everything I bought , but the amount does match with the money that was just taken out of my bank . The difference is the cost of 5oz.... lol

Go have a pint. It's not Eva you ordered from is it? Lol, things will work itself out...until they don't, but it should 👌

Ordered 3 of the 5 oz, as well as some gold and $1.  The 5 oz are not completely sold out.  It looks like they simply sold all they had made so far.  They need to make some more, and show a estimated shipping in May.  It looks like they are making these in a similar fashion as the 5 oz ATB's and making them in batches to meet demand until if/when they meet the mintage limit.

45 minutes ago, ZatStackz said:

Yeah their online chat has never worked for me.  You can give them a call at the number listed, though their customer service might be pretty busy today.

So did they charge you 4 instead of 5 5ozers?  Sounds like you were the last order processed.  Lucky :D

Also might have to do with currency conversion?  Not sure how it works when ordering from over there.

hahah I wish I ordered 5 . I ordered 2 proof 1 oz coins , 5 oz , 1 gold proof and another . 500ish was taken out should have been 700ish /800 ish

32 minutes ago, 999magnum said:

Go have a pint. It's not Eva you ordered from is it? Lol, things will work itself out...until they don't, but it should 👌

I shall go  make a cup of tea and no ordered straight from the us mint

Added 0 minutes later...
32 minutes ago, mr1030 said:

Ordered 3 of the 5 oz, as well as some gold and $1.  The 5 oz are not completely sold out.  It looks like they simply sold all they had made so far.  They need to make some more, and show a estimated shipping in May.  It looks like they are making these in a similar fashion as the 5 oz ATB's and making them in batches to meet demand until if/when they meet the mintage limit.

U sending any of them for grading ?

@WicklowSilver  I'm not a big fan of slabbing, especially on modern coins.  In the case of modern commemoratives, I put them in airtites and then into a CAPS album.  I love looking at coins in albums, compared to a box of slabs.  OGP's are saved to reinsert if needed.  If/when I decide to sell anything,  I'll decide on grading if it will add value.

On 25/01/2019 at 23:01, mr1030 said:

@WicklowSilver  I'm not a big fan of slabbing, especially on modern coins.  In the case of modern commemoratives, I put them in airtites and then into a CAPS album.  I love looking at coins in albums, compared to a box of slabs.  OGP's are saved to reinsert if needed.  If/when I decide to sell anything,  I'll decide on grading if it will add value.

Little update

EMAIL I RECEIVED !!

"One or more items in your order 98978787688 has been cancelled. If you did not request a cancellation, it was cancelled because the item(s) are no longer in our inventory and are not available for backorder. 

We apologize for the inconvenience. If you submitted a check for payment, a refund will be processed and mailed. Please allow three to four weeks for processing. If you paid by credit card, you will not be charged. "

I have no idea why this would happen . Bloody hell . 500 plus euro was taken out of my bank account as well. Do I contest? or can I do nothing?

1 hour ago, WicklowSilver said:

I have no idea why this would happen . Bloody hell . 500 plus euro was taken out of my bank account as well. Do I contest? or can I do nothing?

It sounds to me that is the reason you were charged less.  You already said that it looked like you weren't charged for the 5 oz.  You will most likely be shipped the other coins in your order. 

On 24/01/2019 at 12:32, WicklowSilver said:

the amount does match with the money that was just taken out of my bank .  The difference is the cost of 5oz.... lol

I would suggest you call the mint during their business hours and find out exactly what happened.  Its possible that your 5 oz will be on back order.  If it was cancelled outright, you may want to have them put it on back order for you.  Maybe they can cover the costs of shipping it since they mistakenly sold more than they had.

Archived