• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

50 years of 50p sets

Cornishfarmer

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Usual Royal Mint shambles.  Website not loading, only seemed to link to the sale page from facebook.  I placed an order and the money has gone from my account but nothing in my open order page or no email.

Not holding my breath.  I'm more annoyed as i’m off to Costa Rica in a few days so the money could go towards buying gold nuggets when I try gold panning. 

So the standard proof was £90, but listed for 150 on the Coin Collection lol!

Surely the proof silver collection would be better investment?

Currently building my silver stack so looking for Kooks, Koalas, Eagles & Pandas

Outside of silver I also run a technology YouTube channel http://youtube.com/thenorthernblogger

£285 for the silver sterling proof set on coinconnection and they went out of stock in 30 mins.

Got a payment fired off on cc at RM for the silver proof set as no vat if outside uk.....just have to wait and see if it got through or ends up cancelled.

@ukcoins I’m not teasing, but highlighting that some people have the gall or maybe from a different perspective, the balls to list items on eBay they don’t even have in their grubby hands.  

A whole host of things might go wrong in between selling these sets and then receiving them- RM might cancel their order, they might turn up poor quality controlled or even, simply might just go missing or get damaged in the post to them- I think this type of selling is at the very least, unfair. 

I’m certainly not squeamish about profit taking, it’s my favourite occupation, but these people should at least wait until they have a Despatched notification. 

12 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

@ukcoins I’m not teasing, but highlighting that some people have the gall or maybe from a different perspective, the balls to list items on eBay they don’t even have in their grubby hands.  

A whole host of things might go wrong in between selling these sets and then receiving them- RM might cancel their order, they might turn up poor quality controlled or even, simply might just go missing or get damaged in the post to them- I think this type of selling is at the very least, unfair. 

I’m certainly not squeamish about profit taking, it’s my favourite occupation, but these people should at least wait until they have a Despatched notification. 

Yeah i get your point. At least some say "pre-order". Someone already has one "in-hand", looks like you can buy from the Royal Mint Expereince shop.

Well, the “Celebrating 50 Years of the 50p” was issued by the Royal Mint this morning as a standard proof set, a silver proof set and a gold proof set (and all sold out by mid-morning).  From the obvious scrambling around to buy them, it would seem that the timing of this issue came as a surprise.  Also the mintage of the gold proof fifty pence pieces was only 75 sets – one would have thought that it was hardly worth producing this number!  Given the restrictive numbers of sets it is understandable why the Royal Mint does not seem to want people to know when things are going to be issued.

It does make you wonder whether the Royal Mint's target audiences are collectors or eBay traders.

25 minutes ago, DonkeyKong said:

Silver Proof set is now on eBay (cough) £850!

1 minute ago, Silverstackeruk said:

Got a couple of sets..probley flip one as the price seems too good not to.

Well done! go for it ... and then you can always buy it back after the hype for much less! (Snowman 50p has dropped back a lot since the first release days)

Archived