• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Another new one

Moocher

I clicked the link on twitter, and came to this thread. Lol.  Looks like everyone here are stackers?  This is a collectible.  Did you think it would be spot plus a premium the likes of an eagle or a maple? Lol.  Best you stay away from beauties like this one. 😊

Perhaps. You must remember that this world offers different flavors of investing in this wonderful hobby.  Who would pay a million or so for a copper penny?  I have to imagine the content of that penny is worth about a penny?  Or nickels or silver dollars?  Good thing for the 7 billion people on this planet who make the world turn.  This has nothing to do with fool or departing from anything.  It’s about the three categories of investing in this wonderful thing we call precious metals: stacking (cheapest possible), stacking with semi-numi coins such as kooks, pandas, lunar, and collectibles.  This coin is what you call a collectible...and more than 1 person is paying more than 300.00 for these things. Lol.  If you have heart burn about this one, you need to check out the 2 oz Ares god of war, or the Poseidon, or the Nike and Victoria or the White Horse Four Horsmen, etc...all out the door at around $220 - $290...now take a peek.  Anyway, enjoy the hobby.  All the best. 

My best profits have been done with high premium coins (Proof Krugerrands 2017, Sovereigns 2017 (proof,sotd.), Gods serie Poseidon, Tuvalu Dragon antiqued 2 and 5 oz , Chiwoo Cheonwang 2016, Bhutan Rooster, to name a few..) , while my average cost for my fondation stack (ASE, Philarmonics, Britannias, Kangaroos...) is higher that spot price and would result in a big loss if I had to sell.

Of course, I have made some mistakes and we have to be very careful with these high premium and beautiful looking coins and choose them wisely, buying them at the first prices,  as It is a bet. 

Series I am curently invloved in : Dragon dollar restrike, Ghana Leopard (got the 2nd with a mintage of 8500)

My last bet : Niue Chinese Dragon serie 2oz antiqued, first in a serie (500 ex) got it at 299€ and I am eager to receive it by the end of January (from my experience with other releases from the mint of Poland, it will look more beautiful in hand than the 3D project below)

rewers.01(1).thumb.jpg.7c3372dbaf40bc1da995760bdfbf467f.jpg

aw1.thumb.jpg.9fdcdeb1228636184f03d47dc1191a1c.jpgrewers.02(1).thumb.jpg.76270909e48f6a04f412c37d6d919b7c.jpg

13 hours ago, barsenault said:

Perhaps. You must remember that this world offers different flavors of investing in this wonderful hobby.  Who would pay a million or so for a copper penny?  I have to imagine the content of that penny is worth about a penny?  Or nickels or silver dollars?  Good thing for the 7 billion people on this planet who make the world turn.  This has nothing to do with fool or departing from anything.  It’s about the three categories of investing in this wonderful thing we call precious metals: stacking (cheapest possible), stacking with semi-numi coins such as kooks, pandas, lunar, and collectibles.  This coin is what you call a collectible...and more than 1 person is paying more than 300.00 for these things. Lol.  If you have heart burn about this one, you need to check out the 2 oz Ares god of war, or the Poseidon, or the Nike and Victoria or the White Horse Four Horsmen, etc...all out the door at around $220 - $290...now take a peek.  Anyway, enjoy the hobby.  All the best. 

You're right, but that's just my personal reaction.  My husband and nephew both get more into the collectable side of things.  I was astounded when Hubman spent over $100 on a .02 piece at the world's fair of money last summer.  

Hi there. Yes indeed ZaidaBoBaida, there really are a few ways to invest into this space.  But as Frenchie said, one needs to be careful about the price the pay IF they are looking to make a profit on selling beautiful collectible pieces.  I bought a slew of the Dragons with Red Coral, and they are nice.  I've seen the 'prototype' and it was nice...and I think the actual will look even better!!  We will soon find out.  I bought the Athena coin too, and I'll buy the new god that was introduced by AG news.  The Poland mint is producing some amazing pieces!!!  I'll definitely keep them for the collection.  Now I need to get the Nike & Victoria coin, but those have already gone sky rocket..hoping to pick one up on the cheap. 

@Frenchie

@ZaidaBoBaida

@barsenault  I have passed on Ares, but will definitively get the third (Hephaestus) at the introductory price (I hope !) , though I think that Poseidon is the most beautiful of the first three

It seems that it will be on presale by the end of January. Do you have the same information ? 

Do you have a picture of the Chinese Dragon prototype ? 

Archived