• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New website

vanderPoot

I know that there are quite a few coin websites out there already, but none of them are focusing on bullion.
I also don't find them that easy to use, I would like to have one page per serie, so I am making one myself:

The Silver Cardinal

I don't know much about computers and this is my first attempt at making a site, also there is a lot of information
that needs to go in there, but some stuff is already clickable and it gives an idea of how the website is goin to look like.
There are no advertisements and it is simply ment as a silver coin data base, I won't write much on it, although I did make 
one article/blog:

Top 5 2019

So let me know if this is something you like/are going to like
I will appreciate that

Happy clicking

Just now, MickB said:

Nice one. Easy to go through the pages. ( you need to alter the spelling mistake for Queens beasts). Looking forward in seeing this expand in size.

I need to download a spelling checker 🙂

Looks great although I agree the logo is a little oversized.  I am building a database (Of sorts) for my site at http://hiddenpath.co.uk where people can manage and see price changes/stats on their whole stack.

When there is more coin pages (And I have my own database up to speed) I would be willing to link out to your site for further information :D

17 minutes ago, Guybrush said:

When there is more coin pages (And I have my own database up to speed) I would be willing to link out to your site for further information :D

Yeah that would be awesome, by the end of this month the site should carry some weight

1 hour ago, vanderPoot said:

I know that there are quite a few coin websites out there already, but none of them are focusing on bullion.
I also don't find them that easy to use, I would like to have one page per serie, so I am making one myself:

The Silver Cardinal

I don't know much about computers and this is my first attempt at making a site, also there is a lot of information
that needs to go in there, but some stuff is already clickable and it gives an idea of how the website is goin to look like.
There are no advertisements and it is simply ment as a silver coin data base, I won't write much on it, although I did make 
one article/blog:

Top 5 2019

So let me know if this is something you like/are going to like
I will appreciate that

Happy clicking

I put a link to your site in my own

Anyone want me to add them, just send me a pm

13 minutes ago, Agpanda said:

Anyone want me to add them, just send me a pm

That is a very useful site, thanks.  I really love the 2001/2002 design and wanted to pick one up but I want the cheap one so now I know what to go after.

Well done and thank you!

This will be a really useful database for people such as me who like "semi-numismatic" silver coins; for example, for the first time I could study and appreciate the differences between the 2017 and 2018 Cayman Islands Marlin :)

Agree with the others, On a laptop, the logo is way over sized, takes up the whole screen!

Excellent site, love the write-ups about the coins.  Interesting and entertaining. You would be advised to check your grammar and the odd spelling mistake - typo?  Make sure if you use spellcheck that it is set to UK English, and not USA English as most members here are from the UK and we like colour to be spelt (spelled) colour, not color as in the States. 

On 11/01/2019 at 19:03, Fastnick said:

Well done and thank you! https://ovo.fyi/fmovies/  https://ovo.fyi/yesmovies/   https://ovo.fyi/solarmovie/

This will be a really useful database for people such as me who like "semi-numismatic" silver coins; for example, for the first time I could study and appreciate the differences between the 2017 and 2018 Cayman Islands Marlin :)

Concur with the others, On a PC, the logo is path curiously large, takes up the entire screen! 

Magnificent site, love the reviews about the coins. Intriguing and engaging. You should check your punctuation and the odd spelling botch - grammatical error? Ensure in the event that you use spellcheck that it is set to UK English, and not USA English as most individuals here are from the UK and we like shading to be spelt (spelled) shading, not shading as in the States.

The logo in the top of the page is massive on a desktop computer - i saved it and reduced the size in photoshop and then saved it for the web so it is less kilobytes and will load faster.

logo.jpg.2a8e23e9c228514ce3fc56a23f495a92.jpg

You have some links at the bottom of the page - going to the silver forum, BYB youtube and so on. These are opening the linked to page in the same window - they are taking the user off your website - so i would recommend you open the linked to webpages in a new window,

Looking at the source code for the homepage i can see the html for these links

<div class="textwidget"><p><a href="http://agaunews.com/">AgAuNEWS</a><br />
<a href="https://thesilverforum.com/">The Silver Forum</a><br />
<a href="https://bullionblog.de/literature/">Bullion Book</a><br />
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM_iarnIuvnwq8eMMGvWzOA">Backyard Bullion</a></p>

This should read as below and then the link will open the pages in a new window and your website is still open in a browser window.

target="_blank  has been added to the code.

<div class="textwidget"><p><a href="http://agaunews.com/ target="_blank">AgAuNEWS</a><br />
<a href="https://thesilverforum.com/ target="_blank">The Silver Forum</a><br />
<a href="https://bullionblog.de/literature/ target="_blank">Bullion Book</a><br />
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM_iarnIuvnwq8eMMGvWzOA target="_blank">Backyard Bullion</a></p>

From the source code i can see you are using a Wordpress website - i am not a Wordpress user so i can't be sure but i expect it will be easy to do this if you want.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

I like your style of writing on there. And, the Lion Dollar is my favorite as well, not only because I'm Dutch but also because of that history! Too bad they didn't make a 2018 bullion version though.. Looks like they immediately stopped with the Lion dollar...

Please continue your website, I'm enjoying it!

My logo is awesome, hehe, but I understand people don't like scrolling down constantly whilst a bird give them the stink eye.

@sixgun Thanks for the coding, awesome. I use just a standard wordpress.com because I am a noob, so far I only found
2 options for the links, either all on the next tab or all using the same tab, I will look into this.

53 minutes ago, Guybrush said:

This is standard link behaviour, if you want it in a new tab just click the scroll wheel.

Cool, didn't know this

1 hour ago, shortstack68 said:

Just a little critic here, but surely your best 2019 semi numismatic is just an opinion as we’re only in January

What are you talking about? I am practically the Anthony Bourdain of the silver world.

12 hours ago, FFkook said:

Too bad they didn't make a 2018 bullion version though.. Looks like they immediately stopped with the Lion dollar...

Oh snap, there goes my #1. oh well, even Bourdain undercooked something every now and then.

On 11/01/2019 at 18:11, Agpanda said:

Awesome, but it is linking to air-tites now 🙂

Doing this website is a hobby I enjoy more than I thought I would, while looking for information on the interwebs,
I find a lot of failed projects or websites that stopped 2 years ago or so. I think it is because it can be a bit tricky to
find the right information. Some series change mints and countries and there is a lot of conflicting information out there.
Also, some mints seem to play dodgy games.
I'll do my best to make this little hobby into a beacon of truth.

Thanks everyone

1 minute ago, vanderPoot said:

My logo is awesome, hehe, but I understand people don't like scrolling down constantly whilst a bird give them the stink eye.

@sixgun Thanks for the coding, awesome. I use just a standard wordpress.com because I am a noob, so far I only found
2 options for the links, either all on the next tab or all using the same tab, I will look into this.

Cool, didn't know this

What are you talking about? I am practically the Anthony Bourdain of the silver world.

Oh snap, there goes my #1. oh well, even Bourdain undercooked something every now and then.

Awesome, but it is linking to air-tites now 🙂

Doing this website is a hobby I enjoy more than I thought I would, while looking for informations on the interwebs,
I find a lot of failed projects or websites that stopped 2 years ago or so. I think it is because it can be a bit tricky to
find the right information. Some series change mints and countries and there is a lot of conflicting information out there.
I'll do my best to make this little hobby into a beacon of truth.

Thanks everyone

I'm talking about coins you are saying are rare in 2019 when we're only in Jan 2019, a low mintage doesn't make something rare, its the supply and demand, and WTF is Anthony Bourdain as i've never heard of him either....

2 minutes ago, vanderPoot said:

You should get important content in view 'above the fold' - If you have a big logo people will be confused b/c they don't see the content of your website they expected and they will click away. Content to keep the user on your website or webpage needs to be above the fold, which means on their screen as soon as they open the webpage on their computer.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

3 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

I'm talking about coins you are saying are rare in 2019 when we're only in Jan 2019, a low mintage doesn't make something rare, its the supply and demand, and WTF is Anthony Bourdain as i've never heard of him either....

Dude, don't take it serious man (I mean really?).

And obvious things are obvious

1 hour ago, shortstack68 said:

Lol

anthony-bourdain-no-reservations.jpg

Archived