• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New Member - L. Matadar

Lukman

Hi All,

Thanks to you all and The Silver Forum.  My name is Luke. 

Very much new to stacking but have managed to impulse buy (and pay VAT) on a small amount of Gold and Silver when realising yesterday that we have people like Chris providing such a great service.

I am hoping to stack as an investment for the future and maybe release some if the prices are right.  I am hoping to place an order this weekend but not 100% sure if this will be the right place for me to do this.  Like most of us the saving in the VAT and shipping is the particular attraction here.  Naturally, will be a little nervous ordering through a medium such as this for the first time so any comforting words would be most welcome.

Thanks again and hope we all have a prosperous journey.

Welcome to the PM addiction.
You are not alone in paying VAT for your first silver.
Many of us have done this before discovering the alternatives, greatly assisted by articles and reviews on this forum so in a way you are lucky you have discovered us so soon.

I have placed many orders through this forum for PMs and had 100% trouble-free great service and have no hesitation in recommending fellow members with a perfect feedback score.

Greetings Luke

I paid VAT on my first silver purchase as well - twenty Double Eights and ten quarter ounce coins from Guernsey. Its a steep learning curve but you're in the right place to figure it out fast.

Just received my first coin bought through the forum today - no problems at all, and I couldn't have got a better price on it either.

Tis also my first dip into the group order, have ordered from Estonia independently before but doing it as part of the group is saving me time, hassle and cash and I have no reservations about it whatsoever.

Thank you all for the messages.

A question.  Besides having a portfolio of collection side of it, in terms of investment, what attraction would there be stack silver or gold in fact which would not be exempt from CGT?  The way I am thinking at the moment is to only collect coins which are exempt from CGT, unless someone can convince me otherwise.

A response would be much appreciated.

Regards

Archived