• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Valuing Sovs

Don626

This might seem a stupid question but bare with me, I am new to the PM things. You don't know unless you ask that's what this forum is for, information.

How do you determine the value of Sovs?

What I mean is 1/4 Brits I see as 1/4 spot but they are 24ct, do you then divide this figure by 24 then times by 22 because Sovs are only 22ct or is done another way. 

Again this might be seen as a stupid question but as I said new to PM, I'm sure I'm not the only newbie thinking about this.

4 hours ago, HawkHybrid said:

alternatively use 1 sovereign = 0.2354 troy ounces.

multiply (the current price of gold in troy ounces) by

(0.2354) to get the melt value of sovereigns.

HH

+1

that decimal has been imprinted on my brain for many years.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

In 2017 "Token Publishing " released a price guide by Michael Marsh and was updated and revised by Steve Hill!

On seeing this thread yesterday - I took the liberty of speaking to a lovely lady from "Token Publishing" this morning

They made mention that there would be updates to this guide.

I was informed and given permission to spread the word that : - - >

1/ an update to this Sovereign price guide is due out later this year and will be available to purchase!

2/ There is also an update to the book "The Gold Sovereign" due out later this year too!

I have set myself up to be informed when these become available and will let ALL on the TSF know when these become available

5huggy

Archived