• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Stack Sell - Gold and silver Coins *REDUCED! Buy Me!*

Pritchard

1 minute ago, Pritchard said:

All of my items are sent by Royal Mail Insured special delivery, and i get more cover than the price of the coins. One buyer from this list had cover for £2000, which i have the receipt from Royal Mail stating that is what i paid for.

Nothing is sent by chance, because that is silly.

And Royal Mail specifically insures bullion? I live in the states and only USPS registered mail insures precious metals.

Added 0 minutes later...
1 minute ago, ogb777 said:

Received my coin from pritchard no problem 👍

That means nothing nor did it answer my question.

16 minutes ago, ogb777 said:

Received my coin from pritchard no problem 👍

4 minutes ago, ogb777 said:

https://business.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/91/~/sending-valuables%2C-money-%26-jewellery-in-the-uk

read up on here if your so bothered about it instead of picking fights on someone’s thread.he answered your question he sends special delivery 1pm

thanks and good night 👍

Picking fights? What are you, a wuss? I was asking legit question. So he is sending all his coins out special delivery with covered insurance. That is all I asked. Good night

What type of mailing service was used and does the service specifically say it insures precious metals? 

This has been answered.

@Sal if you would like to send me a PM thats fine, or if you would like to start a new thread discussing the British Royal Mail on this side of the pond thats also fine.
But please, this is my For Sale thread. You have the answers which relate to the sending of my packages.

I see a answer from one person that your sent a coin that according to what I have read online is covered by insurance. so I am assuming all your coins are sent in that fashion. I quicking researched the Royal Mail regarding the claims process and I don't see anywhere  if a claim is made the payoff is what you insured the coin for but rather what the buyer paid for the coin. Am I correct in the statement? The buyer would have to prove what he paid for the coin and that is the most he could receive. 

@Sal, Ultimately, it actually doesnt matter.

In the UK (unless its different in the US) the responsibility is with the Seller to ensure items are delivered. If an item goes missing, it is my responsibility. In this case, i would defer to Royal Mail and the insurance taken out.
But for you as a buyer, if an item doesnt arrive the Seller gives the refund. It is me out of pocket. So, your concern for my pocket is most kind. :). The reason why we as sellers get the correct value of cover, and tracking, is that trust goes both ways. its very easy for a buyer to say 'it didnt arrive', if a cheap non-recorded delivery option was used.

I wont be saying anything more on this, on this thread. You may continue this in your recent comments on @BackyardBullion's thread if you like, as you seem to be repeated the subject here in an off topic manner.

Many Thanks for your interest in Royal Mail... Coins still for sale.

Archived