• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2019 Gold Bullion Sovereign

Coolsmp

I noticed yesterday.

Unfortunately it will take a while until my nearest dealer will have them. So far the only source in Germany is Coininvest, and only for the full sov. I'll either wait until Degussa has the full sov on their counters, or I wait until Coininvest will have both full and half sov on their website. Coinivest seemed to be the only German supplier for the half sovs in the past few years.

18 hours ago, Coolsmp said:

The gold bullion Sovereign is out now!!! 

https://www.royalmintbullion.com/Products/Sovereign/Gold

True but it's just the current bullion sovereign. They are always for sale. Whatever the year, they look the same; copper coloured and un-naturally shiny.

I just don't see the attraction for new, contemporary sovereigns. they are always more expensive as well! 😒

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

I know most of you don't like the shiny orange sovs, but I do like them, and I think I'll save up for a full and a half sov, although they are pretty expensive in Europe.. And the pound is expensive as well to the euro..

Planning on getting a few myself for the collection, I accept they are overpriced relative to older sovs but am buying them for the date. Baird and Co seem to have the cheapest at the moment (even taking into account that they charge postage), and seem to be the only ones who actually have the coins - other websites are for pre-order only. I have a rule that I don't buy from dealers who don't actually have the stock in hand due to past experiences...

4 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

True but it's just the current bullion sovereign. They are always for sale. Whatever the year, they look the same; copper coloured and un-naturally shiny.

I just don't see the attraction for new, contemporary sovereigns. they are always more expensive as well! 😒

And you call yourself sovereign steve lol

6 minutes ago, Coolsmp said:

And you call yourself sovereign steve lol

The connoisseur buys fine antiques not the latest flat pack from Ikea. i agree with Steve, the older sovereigns are better.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

8 minutes ago, sixgun said:

The connoisseur buys fine antiques not the latest flat pack from Ikea. i agree with Steve, the older sovereigns are better.

In 2119 they will be antique and people will be saying queen elizabeth sovereign's are better than those modern king george the 7th ones.

On 08/01/2019 at 19:11, Coolsmp said:

In 2119 they will be antique and people will be saying queen elizabeth sovereign's are better than those modern king george the 7th ones.

Strangely enough i don't think i will be around to hear what people will be saying in 2119.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

3 hours ago, Martlet said:

Optimistic it will be resolved next week... stick to regular stacking shirley?

No it won’t be resolved next week, but we will know if the proverbial  SH&@t’s going to hit the fan or not by next week, that’s what I’m holding off for.

Whose Shirley?

On 8 January 2019 at 17:52, black959 said:

Planning on getting a few myself for the collection, I accept they are overpriced relative to older sovs but am buying them for the date. Baird and Co seem to have the cheapest at the moment (even taking into account that they charge postage), and seem to be the only ones who actually have the coins - other websites are for pre-order only. I have a rule that I don't buy from dealers who don't actually have the stock in hand due to past experiences...

It's January, absolutely no reason to go rushing out to buy 2019 sovereigns, they'll be around all year and at bullion prices (or so). Choose your time to buy based on the price of gold and how you think it will change. Unless you spread your bullion purchases throughout the year, of course😀

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Bit morbid but does last year and first year  soverigns hold premiums over other soverigns years .

I prefer  yellow gold that's why I like Britannia too. 

On 11/01/2019 at 11:46, sovereignsteve said:

It's January, absolutely no reason to go rushing out to buy 2019 sovereigns, they'll be around all year and at bullion prices (or so). Choose your time to buy based on the price of gold and how you think it will change. Unless you spread your bullion purchases throughout the year, of course😀

https://harringtonandbyrne.co.uk add in the sun 2019 sov for £239 free p&p if that helps anyone 

Archived