• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Best/cheapest for Britannia coin

McGough95

If you are buying a few i would look out for some on the selling side of the forum - but you would probably need to upgrade your membership to a premium member. The alternative is to join the group order Backyard Bullion is organising for January. I suspect the group order would be the better bet.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

24 minutes ago, sixgun said:

If you are buying a few i would look out for some on the selling side of the forum - but you would probably need to upgrade your membership to a premium member. The alternative is to join the group order Backyard Bullion is organising for January. I suspect the group order would be the better bet.

How do I join the group order I’ve looked everywhere on the site but cannot find it 

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Welcome @McGough95,

I agreed with @sixgun 100% upgrade your membership and it will very quickly pay for itself in purchase savings.

Have cash at at hand and increase you foundation stack or "must haves" when the bargains pop up.

Then hit the group order from @BackyardBullion 

Hoppy stacking! 

There have been some really good deals on the Forum so keep monitoring the Sale Section BUT...BUT without a Premium subscription you may find the best deals gone before you even see the listing. A small premium to pay that could save you substantially if you plan to make regular purchases.
Failing that join the group buy arranged by BYB as others have already mentioned.
For a larger purchase consider GS.be but keep an eye on the shipping cost plus any fees converting pounds into Euros.
Just add up all the costs before deciding your best route.

Avoid buying them directly from the Royal Mint. If you only want a few and want to but from a 'shop' in the UK you could try Bullion By Post or Hatton Garden Metals. For larger orders follow the advice of the posters above reg BYB's group order.

On 03/01/2019 at 23:49, McGough95 said:

I’m new to silver stacking and wanting to start off simple by getting a few 1oz Britannia coins where is the best place to buy them from ? Cheers 

I'm in the same boat, I bought my first few from Bullion by post, massive mistake.

I saw the silver forum on BYB's youtube videos so took a look.

Get yourself a premium account and look on the buy and sell, not only is the community really good and friendly but I don't think you will find silver cheaper anywhere else either.

Hi Diesel

Thanks I will check it out. But I look at the US sites and they are cheap until one factors in the postage. I am selling a watch on eBay and with insurance tracking etc....too the Nederlands it was AUD42.00....so makes selling/buying stuff very expensive. Almost like VAT and then our government adds our VAT.

I am trying too get good generic silver: Britannia/MapleLeaf/Kangaroos....even the 1 oz silver Kangaroos are so expensive even here....My best buy was the Chronos from the Pressmark Mint.

On 04/01/2019 at 23:52, Money2Metal said:

Avoid buying them directly from the Royal Mint. If you only want a few and want to but from a 'shop' in the UK you could try Bullion By Post or Hatton Garden Metals. For larger orders follow the advice of the posters above reg BYB's group order.

I thought highway robbery was illegal until I looked at the RM's website.

I'm unsure of the benefits of forum membership as my acquisitions aren't and won't be that great per year. I'll have to go through the figures but without a baseline figure for say a "Silver 1 ozt Britannia" how do I make a decision?

I'm in an unusual position as I make perchances for three people as and when we can afford, so I have to be careful. If I do make a mistake the others won't be angry with me but I will naturally feel guilty.

For any purchases we must be careful if we purchase “retail” amounts. Postage costs can make the purchase of anything up to say 10 oz of silver marginal. Buying in ones and twos is totally uneconomic when you add in shipping. Remember adding in the shipping, many forget shipping is a cost of goods. Like most things the smaller guy always gets the rough end of the pineapple.

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Frost said:

check this price comparison chart , Canadian and US dealers have lower prices and it may be advantageous for you if you order big amount

Problem is we get hit with import tax on non EU imported silver, shame, wish we could get US/CAD prices over here. 

4 hours ago, RichRock said:

Bullionbypost charge 20% tax.

Cheapest and most secure for UK residents:

Gold:

www.atkinsonsbullion.com

www.hattongardenmetals.com

Thanks for posting this, i was going to buy a gold Brit on payday from Chards as that was the cheapest i could find, but it looks like you've saved me a fiver or so - much appreciated.

Archived