• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Is this of use to anybody else?

Guybrush

I've been creating a single page app wher I can see my coins and track how much I paid for them etc and was thinking I could make this into something usable for others if there is a general need for it.

I created this simply to help myself with my own stacking but others may find it useful.

http://hiddenpath.co.uk/

This is a basic version to demo what it does, currently everyone updates and manages the one collection/stack but I could easily update this and add more features if others want to use it.

The only part not currently working is the Edit/Remove investment but you can play around with it and add new ones and view the graphs/charts.

What do you all think?  If its something others may want to use then I will spend a bit more time on it to make it something we can all use, otherwise I will just keep it locked down for my own use only and I can consider it done for my needs :)

(Just so you know, this is all fake data so feel free to mess around and try adding items to the stack, the graphs update in real time)

Had a quick look and will examine in more detail later but looks good so far. I'm using an excel sheet at the moment to track everything and was thinking of redesigning it so this would be very useful to me and plenty of others, I'm sure. 

26 minutes ago, Blockhead said:

Had a quick look and will examine in more detail later but looks good so far. I'm using an excel sheet at the moment to track everything and was thinking of redesigning it so this would be very useful to me and plenty of others, I'm sure. 

Agree entirely with this -- but i have to look at it  a little more - - beta test!

1 minute ago, 5huggy said:

Agree entirely with this -- but i have to look at it  a little more - - beta test!

Beta test is very fitting - It's entirely possible things may break and I know all coins for adding wont be there.  Also I havent put any work into mobile/tablets (Except ipad pro) hench the post, if there is interest in others using it then I will spend the time polishing it up.

44 minutes ago, 5huggy said:

2 xbull in list for gold but no lion?

United Kingdom Queen's Beast Gold Black Bull (1/4oz) 282.37 1     Edit Remove
United Kingdom Queen's Beast Gold Black Bull (1/4oz) 273.71

Ive added a lion, in the "Add/Edit Holdings" section you can add new items to the collection/stack, the "All Investments" section shows everything in one list that you have previously added.

When you add new items everything will update and the new item will show in the list at the bottom.

When you finish it , what will the graphs actually show ? Current sale prices or only your own prices paid /sold

Would be great if it's automatically updated current eBay prices etc

2 hours ago, daz said:

When you finish it , what will the graphs actually show ? Current sale prices or only your own prices paid /sold

Would be great if it's automatically updated current eBay prices etc

Does exactly this already.  In the investment list click the item and that shows the last 3 months of ebay sold prices.  It's flakey but correct, there is only so far you can go with automation on that part but it is working and showing ebay sold prices!

I think I will develop this more but ideally I want it closed for development so invite only with just a few members to help develop it properly so bugs can be reported and fixed.  I guess the first thing is to add some sort of log in system so users manage their own collection/stack.  This should only take a couple of days so I sould have it working for users by the weekend,.

If anyone is interested in having a beta account for this (To help test and bug report and suggest improvements) PM me and I will try getting to this initial state by the weekend. 

OK for anyone who wants to use this..

Simply login and a new user will automatically be created, NO sign up or any personal information required.  It's free for anyone who wants to use it.

One note - Please use a password that is different to any other site you use.

That's it you can then login with your unique username and password and get nice graphs on your stack after adding the data.

Any feature requests are welcome, just PM me.

22 hours ago, Guybrush said:

Does exactly this already.  In the investment list click the item and that shows the last 3 months of ebay sold prices.  It's flakey but correct, there is only so far you can go with automation on that part but it is working and showing ebay sold prices!

I think I will develop this more but ideally I want it closed for development so invite only with just a few members to help develop it properly so bugs can be reported and fixed.  I guess the first thing is to add some sort of log in system so users manage their own collection/stack.  This should only take a couple of days so I sould have it working for users by the weekend,.

If anyone is interested in having a beta account for this (To help test and bug report and suggest improvements) PM me and I will try getting to this initial state by the weekend. 

That's great mate , didn't know if you had to put the info in manually.

I'll have a proper play at the weekend

I've updated this to be more user friendly with a proper stack manager.  Added image support (Although I havent added images for everything) and added proper filter support.

Additionally you can now see the percent change in value by country and by series.  The image is from my own small stack but the queens beasts overall are soaring ahead with 42.38% gains where I have my largest loss on Britannia coins and the largest country loss is Canada coins.  Now I what what coins I will be avoiding haha.

updated-better-filters-etc.png

19 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

Clicking on the link you left and it asks for a username and password, is it protected?

No, I've updated it so you can manage your own stack by providing a username and password (Use a password thats different to any other site you use)

You enter your login and an empty stack will be automatically created and that username/password can only see and manage that stack.

Just now, Guybrush said:

No, I've updated it so you can manage your own stack by providing a username and password (Use a password thats different to any other site you use)

You enter your login and an empty stack will be automatically created and that username/password can only see and manage that stack.

Cool, thanks

The 2018 date shown here, i assumed was date of the coin as you have a purchase date in the row underneath, can the date 2018 on the top row be modified as year of the coin as i can't modify that? Is it also possible to add gold finess into that top row?

Screenshot 2019-01-06 14.15.52.png

9 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

The 2018 date shown here, i assumed was date of the coin as you have a purchase date in the row underneath, can the date 2018 on the top row be modified as year of the coin as i can't modify that? Is it also possible to add gold finess into that top row?

Screenshot 2019-01-06 14.15.52.png

It can yes but they come from a list in the back end because the list is used to track the price on ebay.  If you use the stack manager link in the header there is a much nicer interface for adding items.  Let me goto wiki and get sov details and I will add all the sovs for you

Just thinking out loud here, so i hope it doesn't over complicate things, but is it possible to add NGC/PCGS ability to add a grade of the coin as so many people get their gold graded........It looks great as is, just throwing some ideas out there

2 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

Just thinking out loud here, so i hope it doesn't over complicate things, but is it possible to add NGC/PCGS ability to add a grade of the coin as so many people get their gold graded........It looks great as is, just throwing some ideas out there

Sovs added from 1979 - 2018 :P

Yes its possible, in fact the price tracking already tracks proof and graded coins.  I will add this for you but I want to have a think on how to display and add these in the UI

Just now, Guybrush said:

Sovs added from 1979 - 2018 :P

Yes its possible, in fact the price tracking already tracks proof and graded coins.  I will add this for you but I want to have a think on how to display and add these in the UI

Cool, thanks, my sov is 1966 lol

Archived