• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Fake Chards Review

RogerBelmar

Someone has maliciously posted a fake negative review to Chards dated 28 December 2018 under my name claiming that “I recently ordered four sovereigns, for Christmas presents” which I clearly did not. That will become obvious to Chards when they check my order history. The way that the TrustSpot review system works is that the customer who has recently bought a product from the company is emailed with the opportunity to review the company. Someone, perhaps a customer, has posted a negative review to Chards but under my name rather than theirs. Their intention is to slander a perfectly reputable company.

There is no review visible dated 28th December 2018

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/chards.co.uk

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

3 minutes ago, sixgun said:

There is no review visible dated 28th December 2018

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/chards.co.uk

Roger B

tick.png

Verified Buyer

Dec 28, 2018

I recently bought four sovereigns, for Christmas presents. On the plus side I got the sovereigns, as described, and just in time. On the negative side, the recipients had to make do with little polythene bags and wrapping paper as the presentation boxes had sold out. It would have been nice to pay using a credit card, for the added protection - I was a little anxious when my order failed to arrive when specified. I didn't bother to ask Chards for a refund on the guaranteed delivery postage - I was just relieved to get my order in time. Four sovereigns represents a lot of money to me, so I'm not sure I'd want to have that stress again. See how I feel next Christmas. Thank you.

ok - i see it. The review is 3 star and it isn't really a bad review. More of a moaner review. It wouldn't influence me.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

1 minute ago, sixgun said:

Not on my internet there isn't!

It says there are 11 reviews - none are Roger B - i did a word search of the page - nothing.

You need to check the “TrustSpot” reviews on Chards’ website under Customer Reviews. Chards also uses TrustSpot.

3 minutes ago, RogerBelmar said:

You need to check the “TrustSpot” reviews on Chards’ website under Customer Reviews. Chards also uses TrustSpot.

i have which is why i edited my post.

So what are you saying, someone hacked your trustspot account? There is another buyer Roger B -- it happens. The buyer had an email from Chard sent to him and came off this to be a verified buyer. Put your own review up if you have an trustspot email from Chard.

23 minutes ago, CadmiumGreen said:

@RogerBelmar, sorry, are you sure it was someone else using your name or just someone also named Roger with their last name also starting with B? 🤔

You ask a very good ask question and there’s a way for Chards to find out if my suspicions are true or not. They can check on their computer if they have another customer called Roger B. If they don’t and I’ve clearly not ordered four sovereigns then that customer is falsely using my name to slander Chards.

4 minutes ago, RogerBelmar said:

You ask a very good ask question and there’s a way for Chards to find out if my suspicions are true or not. They can check on their computer if they have another customer called Roger B. If they don’t and I’ve clearly not ordered four sovereigns then that customer is falsely using my name to slander Chards.

Roger, should be the case...I do see your review on Chard’s from 19 December, given you had posted on TSF about your receipt of a 2002 Golden Jubilee sovereign on 26 December in the Gold section.

3 hours ago, 5huggy said:

Roger B

tick.png

Verified Buyer

Dec 28, 2018

I recently bought four sovereigns, for Christmas presents. On the plus side I got the sovereigns, as described, and just in time. On the negative side, the recipients had to make do with little polythene bags and wrapping paper as the presentation boxes had sold out. It would have been nice to pay using a credit card, for the added protection - I was a little anxious when my order failed to arrive when specified. I didn't bother to ask Chards for a refund on the guaranteed delivery postage - I was just relieved to get my order in time. Four sovereigns represents a lot of money to me, so I'm not sure I'd want to have that stress again. See how I feel next Christmas. Thank you.

I was having a live chat with the TrustSpot company whether it’s possible for a disgruntled customer to post their reviews using someone else’s name and they seem very evasive about the issue like it is a real problem.

Tbh I don't think it's that bad a review , they say they got the coins as described and are mainly moaning about the delivery time was longer than expected , which lets face it happens at Xmas. If someone wanted to be defamatory or slanderous they would have posted a much worse review than that. As six-gun said it certainly wouldn't put me off using them.

I would think this is a genuine review tbh , and either a coincidence that they have the same name or a glitch that has put your name  as the reviewer.

34 minutes ago, Kman said:

I left a positive review as has been my experience with Chards 

I’ve also received exceptional customer service from Chards and posted a positive review. That’s why I’m very angry that a customer has chosen to post a bad review to Chards using my name unless there’s another customer named after me which Chards can find out in due course.

I only see Rodger B, you are obviously assuming something just because of the name similarity, maybe a little less paranoia because you're never going to be sure, so letting something like this eat away at you is crazy, grow thicker skin and kick troll ass.............

The complaint on TrustSpot doesnt even make sense, received sovereigns but not cases that were sold out - presumably known at time of purchase?  Then talking about refund on delivery when they only offer one delivery service option.  But this thread and the related dont make much sense either, why make such assumptions and flounce without any further input from Chards?

morning everyone. 

Just back in the office after a nice break! having a good read of this post and looking at some of our records. Once we reach a conclusion ill update you all. Might need a coffee first! 

EDIT: @RogerBelmar i can confirm that this is not a fake review and was in fact for a Roger B of a different name. Trustpilot tends to be the site of fake and slanderous reviews are people can leave any comment they want without any vetting or human input. We tend to get fake or slanderous ones on there from customers who have not even bought from us if you can believe that and just moan about price or whatever!

We use trust spot as only paying customers are allowed to leave a review thus we have some form of policing on it and it minimises the risk of fraudulent reviews. We really appreciate the forum standing up for what is right so please dont let this put you off voicing concerns in the future. Best to work them through and get to the facts at the end of the day! 

EDIT 2: if any of our customers would like to leave a review on trustpilot we would appreciate it! This website often ranks high and google seems to prefers it over trustpot for the star review system....even though we have hundreds of reviews elsewhere! - https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/chards.co.uk

Happy new year!   Ian

Archived