• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

1970's Prog Rock...Yes, Genesis, Eloy, Pink Floyd, Rush.

Neo Prog...Early Marillion, IQ, Iluvatar, Pallas.

Anything else is just a bloody annoying racket... with the sole exception of Dancing Queen by Sweden's very own glorious Abba.😄

I inherited my elder brother's like for 80s Prog Rock (Saga, Asia, Yes, Rush...), and some Deutschrock (Spliff, Die Ärzte...)

I grew up with 80s Pop, delving into some Dark Wave in the 90s (Wolfsheim, Deine Lakeien...) - with Depeche Mode inbetween.

Later I developed a liking for film and game soundtracks.

My current playlists contain bands like Journey, Toto, Deep Purple, Alphaville, Queen, Van Halen...

8 hours ago, Norskgeld said:

Tipping my hat to a true Prog Rock connoisseur.

I was handed the watered down version 😙

Pretty much anything. Blues , ska , rock , reggae , rave , hip hop , drum and bass , sixties soul even been known to listen to a bit of country when I'm in the mood. 

I like acid jazz, funk, prog and indie. Generally like the more obscure experimental styles, or those with a lot of wit and intelligence. 

My favourite bands would be Ian Dury and the Blockheads (who'd have guessed with my username), British Sea Power, most of MGMT and Steely Dan. I will never get tired of listening to all these. 

Don't tend to find new-to-me bands i like religiously very often but pleased to say I can add Tame Impala to my repertoire. 

13 hours ago, Norskgeld said:

Anything else is just a bloody annoying racket... with the sole exception of Dancing Queen by Sweden's very own glorious Abba.😄

To that I would add Neil Young, some good old 70s Rock; purple, sabbath and of course Zeppelin. More prog rock; Crimson, Faust, camel, gentle giant, ELP, and a bit later dream Theater.

these days some female fronted symphonic metal hits the spot as well.

and all abba stuff was great!😀

Always been a "rocker" at heart. First gig was maiden late 70'summer at the Apollo in glasgow. Seen just about everybody since then,although best ever was B.B. King in late 80's. Fav recent band The Temperance Movement.

7 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

To that I would add Neil Young, some good old 70s Rock; purple, sabbath, UFO and of course Zeppelin. More prog rock; Crimson, ELP, dream Theater. 👍

these days some female fronted symphonic metal hits the spot as well.

Liv Moon?

Grew up listening to some Creedence Clearwater Revival (which was somewhat ahead of my time)...The Pogues became my favorite through college, with some Guns ‘n Roses and Metallica...then Dave Matthews Band. Listen to pretty much mostly classical music in the truck and at work these days.