• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

**JANUARY 2019** Group Order from The European Mint

BackyardBullion

41 minutes ago, Mcgrimes said:

A month ago, we ordered some coloring pencils from Amazon for my daughter; they delivered a rolling Stones album! What matters is how problems are resolved in the absence of being able to eliminate them.

I fail to see a 'problem' there. Can't hurt the kid to listen to some good music 😛

However it is a nice metaphor for this ongoing discussion... We need to change the record! 

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Bullionaire said:

I fail to see a 'problem' there. Can't hurt the kid to listen to some good music 😛

However it is a nice metaphor for this ongoing discussion... We need to change the record! 

Of course it’s a problem; who owns a CD player? 🤪

In all cases, they let me keep it and sent me some crayons! Even the robots can’t get it right!  

Amazon screwed up, but I was more impressed that they simply resolved the problem!

But, don’t get me started on Blackhorse when they sold me a faulty car 🚗🛠!

On 17/02/2019 at 08:33, Mcgrimes said:

@cravethatcoin I agree, something could go wrong, nothing is 100% risk free.

I won't delve into the details of what I believe could go wrong, but I also don't see how the risk is significantly higher than everyone placing their orders individually either.

A month ago, we ordered some coloring pencils from Amazon for my daughter; they delivered a rolling Stones album! What matters is how problems are resolved in the absence of being able to eliminate them.

I did read the post 😀, the difficulty about this discussion is that it targets BYB (from memory), but there are loads of people selling in the trading section who lack any sort of business credentials or reputation that is fundamental to there business; perhaps that should of been the focus.

All I was offering was my view on BYBs service, and I'm counting on his reputation. BYB, please don't move to the Bahamas! 😆. I couldn't stand the whole 'I told you so!' threads.

Now let's stop bashing, I'm busy considering the 100g valcambi bars.

Great points.

The higher risk with the group order is instead of 1 company and 1 delivery service there is now 2 companies and 2 delivery services. So there is now 4 levels of risk compared to 2 if ordering directly. Then you have to add in other factors:

- BYB has to manage so much with this service, who ordered what, the payment of each customer, communication, the delivery of each order to each individual's address. To date he has a flawless record but it;s only a matter of time until mistakes are made. And when they are made it will be the customer who losses out not BYB:

1) I (Backyard Bullion) cannot take financial responsibility for lost/damaged items that are part of this group order.

- BYB offers many uninsured delivery options, only he knows how many people are going with uninsured delivery but that is a huge risk to those that do:

1296625378_GroupOrderPostageCosts.jpg.5b

Anyone who orders directly gets insured delivery from most European dealers. So why take the risk to save a few £?

- European Mint have to manage 1 huge order rather than a steady flow of general orders, it's more complicated to fulfill and a higher risk of error.

- I believe the European Mint will send the total order in 2-3 packages to BYB, each one of course has a huge value compared to each customer ordering individually. If something goes wrong with the group order packages it would be a big problem. Smaller packages while there are more the value of each is significantly lower which would help with insurance claims and even in some cases retailers will take a hit on lost packages and simply re-send the product. Not going to be possible if one of these group order packages goes missing for example as package is of huge value.

- BYB mentioned that he doesn't use email to communicate with customers which is good. But however he is doing it (PMs) on this forum for example is it a huge risk in itself. If this forum, his forum account (or email giving them access to his account), his computer (I assume has these orders in a spreadsheet) get hacked then the hacker now has a list of addresses that they know have x silver and x amount of value. If that data was in the wrong hands it would be a huge risk to everyone. Granted this is also a risk from ordering directly as the European Mint's website could get hacked and their database leaked. However, I would rather put my trust with a established online retailer who is most likely going to have a hosting environment and security procedures to manage that risk compared to a forum that is not designed to handle more sensitive data.

The Silver forum uses https://invisioncommunity.com/ which is great software but it is software for forums not ecommerce. The European Mint appears to use Magento which is literally the leading platform for ecommerce and is in its nature very optimized for high security as it's used by some of the largest online retailers: https://magento.com/

@cravethatcoin Can we just move on from this now. What it means to you I have no idea as you are not part of the order.

People have all the facts clearly stated in the T&C's of the order, they are grown ups and can make up their minds for themselves. 

I respect your opinions - but they are just that, opinions and at this stage your continued repetition and commenting on the subject is akin to unsolicited comments on sales threads. 

You have said your peace, lets move on. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Archived