• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

**JANUARY 2019** Group Order from The European Mint

BackyardBullion

Welcome to the JANUARY 2019 Group Order!

This group order will be from The European Mint https://www.europeanmint.com/

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY AS IT CONTAINS IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT and JOINING THIS ORDER.

Also, if you are interested in joining this order please "follow" this thread so as and when I have updates I can more easily share them. 

Dates for this Group Order

This group order will be open for 2 weekends, starting on 5th & 6th January 2019 and closing on Sunday 13th January 2019 @ 6pm UK time.

These dates WILL NOT be changed/extended and are fixed. I do however reserve the right to extend/end the order should an extenuating circumstance arrive - but this is unlikely to happen. 

The delivery estimate for your orders is going to be week commencing 4th February 2019. This is an ESTIMATE only and may be subject to change. 

Terms and conditions for joining the Group Order

Joining this group order is at your own risk. Please make sure you read the following carefully because by joining the group order you are agreeing to the following.

1) I (Backyard Bullion) cannot take financial responsibility for lost/damaged items that are part of this group order.

2) Once payment has been received by Backyard Bullion all orders are final and cannot be refunded. 

3) Orders are quoted based on live prices from the dealers website. If these prices change between quotation and payment additional funds will need to be sent (or refunded) where appropriate.

4) You agree that I (Backyard Bullion) will act as an agent on your behalf to purchase items from the above mentioned dealers. 

5) Backyard Bullion can only dispatch your order upon successful delivery from the appropriate dealer and only upon payment of a separate postage invoice - which is sent after the order has closed. 

6) Any loss or damaged item claims will be initiated and managed by me (Backyard Bullion) and any payouts for claims can only be made upon the successful payout from said claim. Backyard Bullion cannot be held financially responsible for any unsuccessful claims.

7) You are liable for any and all taxes that may be applied to your order for your home country of delivery. 

😎 By joining the group order you agree unconditionally to all the above. 

What is the group order all about?

This group order is a way to combine shipping costs for buying silver from Europe. We pay drastically less for our silver because we essentially do not pay VAT. I organise these orders so that people can get cheap silver but also so that I can unbox a large quantity of silver for my YouTube channel. It helps grow my social media, my BYB brand and my reputation within the community.

This month, we are going to be using https://www.europeanmint.com/ 

EUROPEAN MINT PRICE MATCH GUARANTEE - EXCLUSIVE TO SILVER FORUM GROUP ORDERS

The EU Mint have offered to price match the following items with GS.be (assuming that they are not already cheaper!)

• Any coins from the Queen's Beast Series (bullion), 10 oz & 2 oz - including the 10 oz dragon & 2 oz bull
  • Oriental Border Britannias
  • Perth Mint Dragon Bars
  • Regular bullion coins from 2018 AND 2019 - a few examples are: Britannias, Maples, Philharmonicas, kangaroos, koalas, pandas, kookaburras and US eagles. Back dated years is on a case by case basis. 
  • Other coins may be price matched upon request - but no guarantee. 

Other items will have to be on a case by case basis. Some items cannot be price matched because of the volumes that The European Mint buys them in does not allow any room for movement in price. However for the list of coins above we are able to get the same unit price per coin. 

How do you place an order?

The way this works is simple. You will decide what you want by looking at https://www.europeanmint.com/ and send me a private message via the forum WITH CLICKABLE HYPERLINKS PLEASE! to each item and how many you want. Please only message me via The Silver Forum only. 

I will send you a screen dump of the basket and total on their website and then I will send you another screen dump from www.transferwise.com showing the conversion and total in £.

You then send the funds directly to me via Banks transfer and as soon as I get the funds I will place the order. Your order is then locked in and confirmed, you cannot cancel after this stage. 

WE WILL ONLY BE ORDERING IN STOCK ITEMS - ANYTHING ON PRE-ORDER WILL NOT BE ALLOWED.

This is to avoid any delays after the order closes. 

When to order and pay Backyard Bullion?

I will only be placing orders on the weekends and any funds must be with me before 6pm. I will not be able to place orders mid week unless there are extenuating circumstances. This is simply because I am a busy person and organising and keeping track of these orders is difficult. Feel free to send me your shopping lists during the week but understand that I will not be able to lock it in until the weekend - this is just the way it has to be so be aware that prices may fluctuate in the run up to the weekend. I would rather do it like this than potentially forget or miss recording orders and making mistakes. 

Deadline

The order will close on Sunday 13th January 2019 @ 6pm UK time. You will need to have got funds to me by then if you would like to order anything. Should there be any delays in this it will mean the group order will be delayed and I will communicate any changes out to people via this thread. 

Shipping costs & Share of international postage. 

The European Mint has offered a very generous shipping quote for this order - capped at 1.2% of the total value of the order, e.g. If you spend €500 your shipping is €6.

How do I get my coins from Backyard Bullion?

Once the order has been delivered to me you will receive an "onwards postage invoice" which will include onwards postage and packaging from me to you. We will sort out the onwards postage and packaging once the order has been completed. Onwards shipping is at your choice and risk via Royal Mail. It is at this stage that we will sort out the share of international postage (if any applies). 

Here is a quick guide as to what the onwards postage costs will be - this is subject to change where appropriate and is meant to give you a guide as to the costs of postage only. 

1296625378_GroupOrderPostageCosts.jpg.5b337c7eb6ba80282a79772d7d6ccae6.jpg

Please note that the maximum that you can send via Royal Mail Special delivery for a decent price is 2kg (about 55 oz). 

If you would like to order more than this please get in touch to discuss shipping options.  

****Please also note that there is NO PRECIOUS METALS INSURANCE on any royal mail service other than Special Delivery****

What happens in the event of an issue with delivery?

As I said in the disclaimer at the top of this thread, I cannot be held financially responsible for the loss/damage of any items in this group order. The European Mint has insurance for their parcels but I have never had to put a claim in and I do not know how likely it might be that something is refunded should it go missing in transit. There is an intrinsic risk in ordering from any international company but I am confident that we will be able to resolve anything that might happen. Please bear this in mind before joining the order. 

It is important to note the above terms and conditions and re-iterate that joining this order is at YOUR OWN RISK. I cannot be held responsible if items are lost/damaged when arriving from the European Mint.

Should there be any issues I will of course endeavour to work with the dealer to solve them, but I cannot guarantee a resolution. 

Delivery from me to you is of a postage method of your choosing. As I have mentioned above there is no precious metals insurance for anything other than Royal Mail Special Delivery. In the event an order is missing or damaged any insurance claims will be made by me (Backyard Bullion) and refunds can only be paid upon successful completion and payout from Royal Mail. In the event that a claim by Royal Mail is denied I cannot be held financially responsible.

Final Thoughts

Is it worth it to join?

Yes - buying silver from Europe is the single cheapest way of buying silver. Doing it as part of this group order is cheaper still. Some of their coins may be more expensive (the more collectable type coins) but certainly not by much. 

Another reason to join the more you buy the cheaper it gets for everybody! 

Additionally you will be helping support my YouTube channel because being able to unbox a large quantity of silver for my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion is always a fun and popular video and it helps grow my brand and business.

Does Backyard Bullion charge for this service?

I do not charge for you to join this group order - but we do ask you to consider contributing funds in the form of a "tip" or "Service charge". We ask for just £1 (but as many of you frequently do please feel free to donate whatever you feel appropriate!

Another great way to say thank you is to purchase my Hand Poured silver. I will happily offer discounts on my items to factor in the combined postage!

I will not be offended or angry if you choose not to pay the "tip" or buy my hand poured silver - but bear in mind that proceeds from the tip help feed Mrs BYB a slap up takeaway and keeping her interested in all the hard work of doing these group orders...

For those who are interested, our takeaway of choice for this order will be another GIANT Chinese!

Combining postage with other BYB items

Of course, if you want to combine other orders with this group order we would be more than happy to offer discounts on our hand poured silver. 

Have you got any questions?

If you have any questions or would like any more information then please don't hesitate to ask here or via PM. 

In the meantime - get me your shopping lists!

Backyard Bullion

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, shortstack68 said:

I bet these dates do change lol

Whoopsie! 

If you wouldn't mind deleting/editing that quote to avoid any confusion beyond that which I have created for myself that would be appreciated!

FIRST UPDATE (probably of many!)

Join the group order and be in with a chance to win 100g of 40% Swedish silver coins!!

The European Mint has very generously offered a giveaway to members who join this group order!

You do not have to do anything other than join the group order to qualify for entry, there is no minimum order size to gain an entry. 

There will be 1 entry per person and I will randomly select a winner from everyone who enters. 

The prize will be approximately 100g of 40% Swedish Silver coins and will be included in your group order parcel at no extra cost. 

Here is a photo of the type of coins you stand a chance to win

IMG-20181230-WA0002.thumb.jpg.df62187db8792c4c30d212febfb2ef89.jpg

A massive thank you to the European Mint for the generous gesture to The Silver Forum membership, we appreciate it!

Any questions please just let me know!

Just now, Agpanda said:

Can you order supplies this time?

2 oz QB Capsules, Rectangular Dragon Bar Capsules, 10 oz QB Capsules

Monster boxes etc at my discretion 

4 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

1 person will win all those? How is it decided?

They will win 100g of these coins, so approximately 40g of silver content.

I will be randomly selecting someone - method to be determined at a later time. 

The last two orders i didn't take part in because I wouldn't start stacking with a random guy on youtube but reputable dealers. By now I'm satisfied, it would be safe to take part in this order. However, I won't for two reasons. It's been announced after the last paycheck came in, just 20 hrs ago, so I have spent my metal budget for January. Plus the quoted sentence below is something that puts me off too in a volatile market, what if e.g. Trump announces the reintroduction of the gold standard for the Dollar in between  this two points in time below (gold possibley taking silver with it through the roof, straight away) :

3) Orders are quoted based on live prices from the dealers website. If these prices change between quotation and payment additional funds will need to be sent (or refunded) where appropriate.

I too had my reservations about using a random guy off YouTube. (No offence@BackyardBullion)... i joined that last group order and cant fault him. Got some excellent coins at a good price and saved on shipping to the UK and it was great to see the unboxing videos. I'll defo being joining future group orders.. Remember no one makes anyone join the group oders its optional. Im just glad someone has a excellent committment to helping others get cheap silver from abroad coz clearly our own governement doesnt which forces us to buy from Europe in the first place.

17 minutes ago, silenceissilver said:

You're talking about a 10 minute ish window, at a weekend, whilst the markets are closed.:huh:

I think BYB places the orders at the weekend to stop the price changing otherwise it could be rather difficult. Its more a problem i guess if you place an order and then dont pay him for a while, the price could change. I've ordered many times through BYB and have had no problems what so ever, some orders being into the thousands. Over all thats a drop in the ocean compared to the size of the whole order.

48 minutes ago, silenceissilver said:

It's been announced after the last paycheck came in, just 20 hrs ago, so I have spent my metal budget for January.

That's one thing about keeping some "powder (fiat) dry"  - you can take opportunities at their BEST!

50 minutes ago, silenceissilver said:

Trump announces the reintroduction of the gold standard for the Dollar in between  this two points in time

I am sorry , I have more chance of " plaiting fog" than that occurring in that miniscule period of time!

53 minutes ago, silenceissilver said:

I wouldn't start stacking with a random guy on youtube but reputable dealers.

You have to follow the forum for a period of time to get a "feel" for who is or not reputable!

I don't think (I might be wrong! 😉) from previous orders of "MOUNTAINS" of orders (see unboxing videos)  - you will find a more "REPUTABLE" member than @BackyardBullion otherwise you would have seen it plastered all over the forum!

BUT - I do fully understand everyone does have to take caution -due diligence works!

2 hours ago, Coolsmp said:

I too had my reservations about using a random guy off YouTube. (No offence@BackyardBullion)... i joined that last group order and cant fault him. Got some excellent coins at a good price and saved on shipping to the UK and it was great to see the unboxing videos. I'll defo being joining future group orders.. Remember no one makes anyone join the group oders its optional. Im just glad someone has a excellent committment to helping others get cheap silver from abroad coz clearly our own governement doesnt which forces us to buy from Europe in the first place.

I have figured it out too by now  that @BackywarBullion can be trusted with the delivery, you can tell from the feedback, I still think it was right not to start stacking with group orders. You need to watch this for a while before you can trust it.

1 hour ago, 5huggy said:

That's one thing about keeping some "powder (fiat) dry"  - you can take opportunities at their BEST!

😉
@BackyardBullion

Can't remove the smiley and the @... Yes, I agree but when you start you don't want to risk rising prices too, so I think for the first months that's a valid approach, particularily when you mostly buy standard products, so to speak, but as said, yes, eventually that should be adopted.

14 minutes ago, silenceissilver said:

The quoted statement is a bit misleading then, do they even change at all on weekends, when the spot market is frozen?

There is no market in the precious metals after friday night until sunday evening!

1 hour ago, terakris said:

I think BYB places the orders at the weekend to stop the price changing otherwise it could be rather difficult. Its more a problem i guess if you place an order and then dont pay him for a while, the price could change.

Which explains this quote!

If you settle outside of the weekend it is a moving market !

The group order is one of the cheapest ways (In the UK) to gather silver on a budget!

Archived