• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2019 Britannia One Ounce Gold Coin

katmonkey

Hi everyone,

I've just purchased a one ounce gold 2019 Britannia from Atkinsons.

There are some scuff marks to the left of the Queens nose. They are in my opinion minor but what does everyone else think?

This is a bullion coin but it is advertised as new.

Should I ask for a replacement or am I been too picky?

Please advise.

Thanks

743609457_2018-12-2817_24_58.thumb.jpg.671301ad6577b6aaa46d1729e62d2ec2.jpg

To reiterate the scuffs are minor. I would like to know what other members coins are like. I've read that the Queen's head is susceptible to scuffs on Brits & the Queens Beasts as the surface is raised.

Thanks again

39 minutes ago, katmonkey said:

My plan is to sit on my stack for 15-20 years and then sell. I don't have any graded coins just bullion.

My main concern would this affect the resale value in the future?

If you plan to hold onto bullion that length of time the spot price would have hopefully given you a nice return regardless of the fact a few light marks are present. In my opinion the cost and risk of sending it back just for it to be returned are greater potential risks than reward when it comes to the coin you have purchased in this instance. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/12/2018 at 17:35, katmonkey said:

Should I ask for a replacement or am I been too picky?

1oz gold Britt at today’s price? Of course you should ask for a replacement. 

Think about what else you could buy for a similar price - computer, iphone etc. Would you accept a ‘scuff mark’ on one of them?

💷 💷 Check out my Wanted adds and message me direct if you can help 💷 💷 

On 28/12/2018 at 18:56, katmonkey said:

My plan is to sit on my stack for 15-20 years and then sell. I don't have any graded coins just bullion.

My main concern would this affect the resale value in the future?

Resale value will always be worth whatever bullion is valued at in 15-20 years, I wouldn’t worry about it, i’d only worry if bullion was worth less in that time

Archived