• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

Mondo

Forum Terminology....duh !

Could someone please advise on a few of the basics in forum terminology i.e. fiat etc....so that myself and other rookies get up to speed sooner rather than later...id really appreciate it...thanks in advance

@Mondo, Fiat currency is legal tender whose value is backed by the government that issued it. The U.S. dollar is fiat money, as are the euro and many other major world currencies. This approach differs from money whose value is underpinned by some physical good such as gold or silver, called commodity money...which we would just term here as PM or Precious Metal.

There are obviously terms or acronyms used throughout the Forum whereby you  are free to ask for definition or explanation and you will always get a respectable answer.

Edited by CadmiumGreen

The thread header says Mondo Monday.

I want there to be a Mondo Monday it sounds fun

still no help with the TLAs (three letter acronyms) 

Saying that though, I also am new here and you kind of pick up the TLAs by generally looking at the thread/image/links or context of the post. I have learnt so much in a month.

p.s. All premium member groups feel free to add to the wiki page, you should be able to add definitions for PM related words there, submitted definitions just need to be approved by a moderator or admin before showing live. Any issues with adding content there please let me know.