• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint Two Dragons 1 oz Gold Bullion

HWBULLION

Hello,

I am new to thesilverforum.

I just invested in a 2018 Two Dragons bullion coins from the Royal Mint. They are being sold with a high premium but I was attracted to them due to the low mintage (5,000) and the awesome design (IMHO) that is meant to appeal to the East Asian market. They arn't offering the Two Dragons in BU or proof, just bullion.

Here are a few pics.

Do you think the Two Dragons will be a good investment/is it worth the high premium?

Will the Two Dragons will be continued in coming years & the range expanded?

Thanks

H.W.B

IMG_20181223_102730__01__01(1).jpg

IMG_20181223_102705__01__01(1).jpg

https://goldsilver.be/en/gold/1880-1-oz-gold-2-dragons-2018-uk-100.html

Not done any extensive checks on the price of the 1 oz Gold two dragon coins but Goldsilver.be price 1159.20 euros spot gold in euros 1104.51 paying 5% premium over spot and normal premium on generic 1 oz Britannia 3% over spot.   Paying these prices then not paid a massive premium and have good chance on premium appreciation in my opinion. I have 10x silver two dragons coins but if gold spot prices falls I would be tempted to buy the some Gold Dragons as well.

14 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

The only way this would rise would be if spot did, i don't see this getting a premium anytime soon

I initially thought the same but even with limited mintage 5,000 the chance of premium appreciation over spot limited?

17 hours ago, HWBULLION said:

They arn't offering the Two Dragons in BU or proof, just bullion.

This coin does actually have a proof version with frosted dragons and a mintage of 300, but I think that for whatever reason it was only distributed in Hong Kong and the US through MCM/Govmint. There was a thread that mentioned them earlier in the year, but I can't seem to find it.  It looks to me like they are at least still for sale via Govmint.

(edit...mintage correction)

https://www.govmint.com/2018-great-britain-1-oz-gold-mythical-two-dragons-ngc-pf70uc-first-day-of-issue

Two dragons proof.png

4 minutes ago, Lr103 said:

This coin does actually have a proof version with frosted dragons and a mintage of 500, but I think that for whatever reason it was only distributed in Hong Kong and the US through MCM/Govmint. There was a thread that mentioned them earlier in the year, but I can't seem to find it.  It looks to me like they are at least still for sale via Govmint.

https://www.govmint.com/2018-great-britain-1-oz-gold-mythical-two-dragons-ngc-pf70uc-first-day-of-issue

LPM in HK sell the proof version, mintage 300

6 hours ago, h103efa said:

LPM in HK sell the proof version, mintage 300

Thank you for the correction. You are right  about the mintage of 300...I was referencing the govmint link above, which says 500, but LPM as well as MCM say 300. In any case, they seem to still be available. 

Archived