• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

European mint ! payment method

5huggy

As some of you are seasoned euro purchasers - can anyone let me know what is the best methodology to purchase from the European mint when it comes to transferring the funds - "BESIDES" the obvious "group order"

5huggy

22 minutes ago, caloundracats said:

Of course! Why didn't I think to refer you to him. He is the expert with all things European Mint.

I really appreciate the efforts here and many thanks - Kiddies and brothers Chrissy pressies are now under way!

I  found it relatively easy to set up and sort through "Transferwise" - and I have "ALREADY" received confirmation funds have actually been sent! WOW thats less than 45 minutes from setting up to done!

This is what makes this forum so good for like minded folks!  Always willing to try and help!

and hopefully this thread will inspire/help others!

AWESOME!

5huggy

Excellent. He would be well advised to do so. So many experienced and new members here will to help and share. Like minded with similar interests creates a great forum to be part of.

Backyard Bullion organises group orders every 6-8 weeks so those who wish may join. It's a great as you can purchase small amounts, or large and get the benefit of group shipping, good prices with a choice of onward postage options.

Silver is subject to 20% VAT in the UK but as you will know, if you pay VAT in one Eu country (up till March 2019) you don't pay it in another for the same item. Thus buying silver in Europe from the right places works out cheaper even with shipping than buying the same items in the UK.

About European Mint. I made my order last Wednesday, and the package was in transit to my house today already(only the local post was delayed so it will be here tomorrow). They're the quickest dealer I've ever encountered. Too bad the shipping is that high, but there service is pretty awesome. Their "Christina" or "Eva" is fast and nice on email as well!

20 hours ago, 5huggy said:

Cheers guys and really - thankyou for the info ! @FFkookand @caloundracats  You were however beaten by the "Expert" here tho!  @BackyardBullion came to the rescue at lightening speed with virtually a step by step guide - WHAT a STAR!

Even a code for 50% off delivery!

Wait, is the another voucher code on the go @BackyardBullion ? I've been eyeing up a couple of things from them, but not enough to swallow the full postage I'm afraid

13 minutes ago, Bullionaire said:

Wait, is the another voucher code on the go @BackyardBullion ? I've been eyeing up a couple of things from them, but not enough to swallow the full postage I'm afraid

Same as before, TSFBYB50

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

PRAISE GIVEN WHERE DUE!

I opened this thread, as can be seen, (Posted Monday at 20:45), with the help and excellent advice/info from @BackyardBullion as to setting up and using "Transferwise" (Thanks you for that BYB!)

I sorted the order! - making a "boo boo" of placing order without the "code"! DOH!😜

I emailed @EuropeanMint to explain MY error - and by Midnight I had an amended amount for postage applied! 

Tonight I get home (Thursday) and "BLOW ME" i missed the delivery!  this afternoon!!!!   WOW - these people have way exceeded my expectation ( @EuropeanMint) considering the time of year / where it has traveled from. To expedite this as fast as they have done is "EXCEPTIONAL"

I will be receiving the parcel tomorrow having re arranged TNT delivery.

I will add an additional  total update on this awesome transaction - might even video the "unboxing" (Hint - it will not be anywhere near the "GROUP ORDER" video' unboxings that BYB! does so well!

4 minutes ago, 5huggy said:

PRAISE GIVEN WHERE DUE!

I opened this thread, as can be seen, (Posted Monday at 20:45), with the help and excellent advice/info from @BackyardBullion as to setting up and using "Transferwise" (Thanks you for that BYB!)

I sorted the order! - making a "boo boo" of placing order without the "code"! DOH!😜

I emailed @EuropeanMint to explain MY error - and by Midnight I had an amended amount for postage applied! 

Tonight I get home (Thursday) and "BLOW ME" i missed the delivery!  this afternoon!!!!   WOW - these people have way exceeded my expectation ( @EuropeanMint) considering the time of year / where it has traveled from. To expedite this as fast as they have done is "EXCEPTIONAL"

I will be receiving the parcel tomorrow having re arranged TNT delivery.

I will add an additional  total update on this awesome transaction - might even video the "unboxing" (Hint - it will not be anywhere near the "GROUP ORDER" video' unboxings that BYB! does so well!

They are cracking - we use them to order €35,000 worth in the group orders for a reason!

10 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

They are cracking - we use them to order €35,000 worth in the group orders for a reason!

👍 Damn right  BYB! They have bowled me over with the speed ! but the communication has been awesome too.  - Thanks again for you assistance on Transferwise etc!

7 minutes ago, Bullionbilly said:

Anyone use Revolt ? Ive heard its cheaper than Transferwise ?

Only a few pennies cheaper I have found because the exchange rate is different to compensate. Last I checked on an order of £1000 it was about 75p cheaper to do it via Revoult.

The issue I have is that they are only app based and no desktop site to rely upon. Transferwise have multiple call centres in multiple countries and this is so valuable if there are questions or issues.

For only saving 75p per £1000 I would much rather have the big boys looking after my cash.

By maybe one day they will surpass TW

Archived