• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Do you have a particular coin that you always carry with you?

RogerBelmar

Do you have a particular coin that you always carry with you? Why not share your special issue with other collectors – you might be surprised how many others have a “good luck” coin tucked away in a wallet, purse or hiding place! With the vast variety of designs and images, world and ancient coins, people are simply drawn to certain motifs – and those favorite coins may become their lucky pieces. Because they’re durable, easy to take with you wherever you go, and handy to view or touch, coins have been carried and coveted for centuries as amulets or talismans.

I do and it varies depending on what fancies me at the moment. One thing in common is that my pocket piece du jour is always in an AirTite. Some on my rotation list are:

1855 GB sovereign, 1868 Philippines 4 Pesos, 1985 struck 1/10 oz gold China vault protector, 1 oz Canada platinum Maple Leaf, 1 oz Canada gold Maple Leaf, 1889 GB crown, 1951 GB crown, 1923 Germany hyper-inflation coin (Notgeld), etc.

Here's the 1951 GB Crown with a sterling silver Icthus ring and a Shaman stone.

image.thumb.jpeg.fb3b1ef6e12f7b487193724848813260.jpeg

Here's the 1855 GB Sovereign and 1868 Filipinas 4 Pesos with a gold figurine 3-legged Money Toad

image.thumb.jpeg.5d9e35d8054d0fed3244b57d7c54f0cd.jpeg

I take a 2008 2oz kookaburra in a plastic air-tite when I go to play poker the odd time, acts as my card protector 98% and lucky charm 2% :) 

I bought it on a Saturday afternoon from my local coin shop, entered the poker tournament in the evening and still had it about my person in my jeans. Went on to win the tournament! 

Had a few cashes here and there, don't know if it was down to skill or the kook to be fair!

Neat little talking point when folk see it to, and a little weighty to boot

I've carried a couple around for fun although not recently.

Mostly slave queen/freedom girl.

Momento mori is based on the original tokens people had reminding them of their mortality.

I enjoyed getting out slave queen/freedom girl from the little jeans pocket to use as a flipper to make a decision.  Go with the standard boring plan/stick with the contract/remain tied in? Or go with something daring and exciting/break the contract/open new horizons?  Quite amusing to see other peoples reaction when slave queen/freedom girl comes out.

Perhaps Gwen would be the perfect poker partner for @Paul

momento mori.jpg

slave queen.jpg

freedom g.jpg

gwen.jpg

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

Archived