• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Ebay Vouchers - have you had any, and what did you buy

HighlandTiger

It seems that several of us have been using ebay vouchers to buy pm's at low low prices.

I thought it might be interesting to see what vouchers ebay are using to entice us to buy from them, and perhaps we could have a running thread where people post what vouchers have been used and what they bought. It'll be good to see what bargains we've managed to get

I'll start off with the two I've had recently.

19/09/14

I had a £15 off voucher if I spent over £75, and I bought a 2011 half sov for £97. Using the £15 voucher (plus £5 Nectar voucher), the half sov cost me £77

13/10/14

I had a £15 off voucher if I spent over £75, and I bought a 1905 half sov for £105. Using the £15 voucher (plus £5 Nectar voucher), the half sov cost me £85

So who's next....?

:D

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must have been lucky - made my first purchase on eBay then got a voucher a few days later! Sorry Kman...

Bought a 1999 proof full sovereign, listed at £310 (too much in my view) but after the 15% voucher - down to £263.50. Still expensive - but I was after the proof and the specific year, and the voucher was expiring that day! . So I am happy. Hey eBay - where is the next voucher!?

• 3 weeks later...

im only ever a seller on ebay - never had nothing from them despite giving them £1,000s in fees over the years and numerous charge backs through paypal (the price of doing business !)

With these vouchers are they UNIQUE to the user in question?

Or can the code/voucher be used by another, ie like a generic discount code?

In the sense of community here a bit of sharing would be nice or maybe even to try and experiment, could someones £10 vouchers be tried against another eBay ID ?

If we are all able to benefit it is a WIN WIN 

im only ever a seller on ebay - never had nothing from them despite giving them £1,000s in fees over the years and numerous charge backs through paypal (the price of doing business !)

With these vouchers are they UNIQUE to the user in question?

Or can the code/voucher be used by another, ie like a generic discount code?

In the sense of community here a bit of sharing would be nice or maybe even to try and experiment, could someones £10 vouchers be tried against another eBay ID ?

If we are all able to benefit it is a WIN WIN

I note you are a seller so you might not be interested but if anyone wants to try my fashion discount code let me know and I can PM it to you.

Cheers!

Barns

I note you are a seller so you might not be interested but if anyone wants to try my fashion discount code let me know and I can PM it to you.

Cheers!

Barns

hi barns - thanks for the offer -

if you have no genuine use for the fashion code just post it in the open forum here and see what results in the thread

if someone else uses it and it works GREAT

if multiple people use it is EVEN greater

if we find it doesn't work and code is just unique to your account it is lesson learned :(

if it works for fashion lets trial it with the next £10 off, any purchase of £20 offer comes along and we all may be able to enjoy the benfits

hi barns - thanks for the offer -

if you have no genuine use for the fashion code just post it in the open forum here and see what results in the thread

if someone else uses it and it works GREAT

if multiple people use it is EVEN greater

if we find it doesn't work and code is just unique to your account it is lesson learned :(

if it works for fashion lets trial it with the next £10 off, any purchase of £20 offer comes along and we all may be able to enjoy the benfits

I've looked at the T&Cs and it's one voucher per user and it's non transferrable. Appears to be linked to my PayPal account. Guess I can only hope someone somehow makes a schoolboy error and lists some metal in the fashion category by accident.

Cheers!

Barns

I've looked at the T&Cs and it's one voucher per user and it's non transferrable. Appears to be linked to my PayPal account. Guess I can only hope someone somehow makes a schoolboy error and lists some metal in the fashion category by accident.

Cheers!

Barns

Found this in the fashion section. But even with the discount, I don't think there will be many bidders.............:)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KING-GEORGE-V-GOLD-SOLID-22CT-SOVEREIGN-RING-/321552027387?pt=UK_Men_s_Tops_Casual_Shirts&hash=item4addfe8efb

Found this in the fashion section. But even with the discount, I don't think there will be many bidders............. :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KING-GEORGE-V-GOLD-SOLID-22CT-SOVEREIGN-RING-/321552027387?pt=UK_Men_s_Tops_Casual_Shirts&hash=item4addfe8efb

what a chancer...I'd need an 85% discount Ebay voucher to buy that....

Cheers!

Barns

Cheers!

Barns

thanks for taking the time to check the T&Cs for the vouchers.  I have NEVER had one EVER. so didnt know how they worked etc,

Weird i can have 13,000+ sales on eBay and paid £1,000s in eBay/PayPal fees. Yet never, ever, ever get a voucher for a 100% FB, top rated, silver power-seller.

This shows eBay for the bunch of greedy, robbing shoothouses they really are...........ggrrrhhhhhhhhhh :(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived