• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Chinese Silver Pandas

SilverPanFan

I have a big appetite for all types of coins and the Chinese silver Pandas are definitely one of my favourites. I once saw a chart of bullion and semi-numismatic coins. Pandas are the only coins unique enough to hover between the two and share the yin-yang qualities of both. The person most knowledgeable about Pandas who you should defer to for advice is @Agpanda

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, 999magnum said:

How does everyone like the 2019 design? I don't think I have a good or bad opinion about it.

I like it. Some collectors are calling it the Panda equivalent of the Madonna and Child. I initially thought it was too Disneyfied but realised pandas in the wild can hold their cubs in that way.

1 hour ago, RogerBelmar said:

I like it. Some collectors are calling it the Panda equivalent of the Madonna and Child. I initially thought it was too Disneyfied but realised pandas in the wild can hold their cubs in that way.

From what I've read from articles on how the designs on China Mint Panda coins are chosen, they are based on the coin designer's sketches of actual photographs of pandas living in their natural habitats.

On 12/12/2018 at 15:16, fehk2001 said:

I am collecting both for now but since graded ms70 is similar price compare to raw panda I might just buy two graded and Ditch  the raw coins 

Was thinking to offload everything after 2008 and focus on those key dates. Having too many series running at the same time and this shows how hard mints tried to milk stackers nowadays...

Omne aurum quod rex valūtās

3 hours ago, HyHy said:

Was thinking to offload everything after 2008 and focus on those key dates. Having too many series running at the same time and this shows how hard mints tried to milk stackers nowadays...

Hard to define what’s too many running 

i will continue to buy ms70 slabs panda NGC bevayse I cant see 22-32 pound can lose any money instead I would gain pretty much instantly 

if you are off loading anything below 22 pound for 2014 panda 25 pound for 2015 panda slabs ms70 

let me know 😁

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

On 12/12/2018 at 10:17, Moocher said:

I bought a  1994 Panda  for £56,and a 1994 (with coa. Capsulated) £44 was told I payed far too  much but I am happy,also bought 15 in a frame for £240 (2014) and a 1991 numismatic for £24 .Again told I payed too much but I am pleased with it.

IMG_0889.JPG

Hi,

Your coin is not a fake, it is just a 1oz Silver round, it is not part of the China Silver Panda series, however it will be 1oz of Silver, this is why, as Bosse points out, you need the book.

Cheers

Dave

2 hours ago, Moocher said:

Just bought these on eBay ,think it was worth it. 1994,1996 2005

IMG_0899.JPG3 times capsulated and untouched 999 pure pander coins mixed dates 2005 1996 1994. Great investment opportunity , please don’t ask me to split them up they are sold as a set !

The Temple of Heaven design for 1994 & 1996 should be the same. Your 1996 does NOT look right from what I can discern from the pic. Check out Agpanda's web site for correct pictures. www.agpanda.com

Archived