• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Chinese Silver Pandas

SilverPanFan

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Agpanda said:

1989 - 2002 is very collectible

2002-2015 is modern numismatics. 

2016-2019 is pure bullion

I have some extra graded for sale in the buy and sell tread

Bosse

Correct me if I'm wrong the 3 key dates for Chinese silver panda are:

i) 1995 Small Date, Small Twig 
ii) 1999 Large Date, Serif 1
iii) 2000 Mirrored Ring

Omne aurum quod rex valūtās

1 hour ago, HyHy said:

Correct me if I'm wrong the 3 key dates for Chinese silver panda are:

i) 1995 Small Date, Small Twig 
ii) 1999 Large Date, Serif 1
iii) 2000 Mirrored Ring

There is 2003 mirror

1989 mirror

and both QDR 001 and QDR -002

I bought a  1994 Panda  for £56,and a 1994 (with coa. Capsulated) £44 was told I payed far too  much but I am happy,also bought 15 in a frame for £240 (2014) and a 1991 numismatic for £24 .Again told I payed too much but I am pleased with it.

IMG_0889.JPG

3 hours ago, Agpanda said:

Bosse

Yep, premium appreciation has been zero % since they went to 30g coins and increased the mintage.  They're just an expensive govt BU coin now.

There are far too many competing series now... makes is more difficult for any series to mark itself out for collectable potential

8 hours ago, Agpanda said:

Bosse

Thank you for letting me know about this. I'm on the numismatics side of the collecting, not the bullion. I don't need five tubes of random silver pandas for "wealth preservation", I want them because I like the way the look, those varieties you mentioned and the fact that they have pandas on the coin. At the end of the day, I'm trying to complete them by date. Since the slabbed ones aren't that much more than the ones in just the capsules it is worth that extra protection (and bragging right). For now, I'll just stick to the 2018 and 2019 ones I have now and wait for the price of the earlier slabbed ones to go down. Thank you @Agpanda and I pray you find a job that will showcase your skills.

I big thanks to everyone one here for answering my question. I wasn't expecting answers within a minute of me posting this question.

2 hours ago, SilverPanFan said:

Thank you for letting me know about this. I'm on the numismatics side of the collecting, not the bullion. I don't need five tubes of random silver pandas for "wealth preservation", I want them because I like the way the look, those varieties you mentioned and the fact that they have pandas on the coin. At the end of the day, I'm trying to complete them by date. Since the slabbed ones aren't that much more than the ones in just the capsules it is worth that extra protection (and bragging right). For now, I'll just stick to the 2018 and 2019 ones I have now and wait for the price of the earlier slabbed ones to go down. Thank you @Agpanda and I pray you find a job that will showcase your skills.

I big thanks to everyone one here for answering my question. I wasn't expecting answers within a minute of me posting this question.

Backtracking a set especially something like the pandas, is time consuming and it will cost a small fortune imho. I tried and gave up after months of checking the prices on ebay for both raw and slabbed. I backtracked to 2014 and then gave up. But you might be better equipped financially to do this so good luck and have fun. 

8 hours ago, Moocher said:

I bought a  1994 Panda  for £56,and a 1994 (with coa. Capsulated) £44 was told I payed far too  much but I am happy,also bought 15 in a frame for £240 (2014) and a 1991 numismatic for £24 .Again told I payed too much but I am pleased with it.

IMG_0889.JPG

If you enjoy collecting a certain coin and not just stacking for weight then its not to to much to pay 

I love the panda coins, Ive backtracked to 2001 and its bloody expensive.  Ive decided to leave it here as the two coins the same 2001/2 are a good staring point.  I cant justify paying the premiums for previous dates. 

44 minutes ago, dutchman said:

If you enjoy collecting a certain coin and not just stacking for weight then its not to to much to pay 

My only fares that 1991 is fake,

Putting one of mine fore compare yours don't have weight on it

Also missing 10Ymark

1 hour ago, dutchman said:

image.png.59ce1d835fd126a7574f9e11760d53c0.png

9 hours ago, Moocher said:

IMG_0889.JPG

How does the tempel tempel side look

Archived