• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

intelinside

So does anyone think Platinum will ever reach highs?

Yes, I can easily see it exceeding the all time high of $2000+. A tripling of price is par for the course in any bull market worth its salt, in fact I would say that would be on the low side. 500%-1000% very doable given a 10-15 year bull market.

The current price doldrums are a necessary part of creating the mine closures and supply shortages that will drive the next bull market.

Auto-manufacturers will be switching back to platinum now to take advantage of its discount price, just as they switch from platinum to palladium when the palladium was the cheap metal. 

I'm nervous about platinum.  I just bought 3 oz.  But now that I think about it I think auto industry which is apx 40% of consumption of platinum, is going to be less 

Millenials often don't own or buy cars they are using UBER and Lyft or just public transportation... Baby boomers in the US are trading in cars for ride share services as they age...

Palladium and other Platinum may be on a downward tragetory long term

But then again the $800 USD price of platinum might actually be already priced into long term Bear outlook...

this is where I think it's so hard to predict price... so much manipulation and from what I've heard Platinum and platinum group is so small it is easy to manipulate and VERY volatile...

anyways good luck guys I think Silver and gold are the base of my stack and should be for us all!!

11 minutes ago, Malcr001 said:

I definitely see platinum as a buying opportunity, slightly more so than silver actually but platinum on the secondary market here seems be really scarce! What's up guys are none of you holding platinum?

I would think that most people would sit on their platinum at these low prices and wait for the correction.

I actually began just now to buy platinum, when I realized the low, a couple of others might have done so as well.

8 minutes ago, intelinside said:

I'm nervous about platinum.  I just bought 3 oz. 

anyways good luck guys I think Silver and gold are the base of my stack and should be for us all!!

I think three ounces sound just about right to take part in the speculation. Depending on your overall means of course.

Edited by KevinFlynn
excessive quoting

2 hours ago, KevinFlynn said:

I think three ounces sound just about right to take part in the speculation. Depending on your overall means of course.

Yeah it's funny cuz I was worried about this but I own about $1m USD in california inflated real estate lol maybe i should be more concerned about that lol...

Edited by intelinside

18 minutes ago, intelinside said:

Yeah it's funny cuz I was worried about this but I own about $1m USD in california inflated real estate lol maybe i should be more concerned about that lol...

Same as when people spend £20k on a new car that is depreciating by the minute and then worry about the price of their 2oz Gold "investment" LMAO

Edited by Uksilverstackers

i would set aside some cash waiting for the lowest price of Platinum over the next 5 years

continue to sell Palladium into the new high and buy some silver

just imagine 400/oz Platinum went to 1400 in the next 15-20 years

eg 10 oz for 4000, then hold till 14,000 that would be 10 grands of profit in the future, its a rather good return for a hold strategy for inert metals