• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver for long term investing and stacking - best way to get 'bang for buck' not pay premiums currently

intelinside

From reserarching the last few weeks it seems like APMEX is more expensive

Also what are the best brands for retrading? Is it best to get a Government mint like the Canadian mint for Silver bars? Or is it good to get premiums from private companies Asahi, Engel, Silvertowne, or RMC etc?

To me I see cheaper to get certain companies like Sunshine, but if I resell am i gonna lose that "over Spot' premium

I really am attractted to some of the 'poured silver bars' from Engel and some of the olds school looking rustic bars but they have premiums

Seems like the Silver coins from places like US mint ie silver eagles or from countries like Canada, England or South Africa are super high over spot prices. I was wondering when I resell will i get that 'over spot' premium too

My goal is to resell in 2-10 years, and continue stacking. I also already have a lot of '90% junk silver' for SHTF scenario

My question is how to retain the most bang for your buck and ability to resell

Like should I keep the same types of companies... so keep all bars the same from Silvertowne or all from the RCM royal canadian mint versus mixing a bunch of differnt brands/countries

I think I have silver fever.  I decided to just buy 10 oz sunshine bars and RCM Royal Canadian mint at $155-165 each each off JM Bullion... i'm not sure which will hold value more or if i made a good or bad decision.

I also heard that it's better to buy US Silver Eagles as they hold their value more and you can sell them back for $1.50 over spot

Goal is to resell some at the peak and keep buying on lowes for the next 2-5 years  And hold a lot of stack until retirement in 20-30 years

If someone has more suggestions let me know.

Archived