• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

ThePaleKing

closed Gold Coins For Sale

1 oz 1975 Gold Krugerrand  - £1010

2018 Gold Sovereign  - £232 each      Quantity - 2    (Both sovereigns sold)

Royal Mail special delivery included in price.

bank transfer or Paypal

003.thumb.jpg.d190f55f76708881cd585c6fed8ca99c.jpg

Edited by ThePaleKing

Just to update fellow members.
Jamie ( the seller ) did offer to send the coins in advance of payment so that's why I am sharing this information.
It shows a high degree of trust and is welcome.
I pulled out at the last minute though because the original pictures were not of the actual coins and that's a lesson for newbies.
That is not the best way to earn brownie points so part of the learning curve.
Many thanks to fellow stackers for posting the warnings.

When I first joined the SF I put up a 1989 3 coin gold set and was asked by a member to send the set to him first so he could check it out. I thought it was pretty good condition for a nearly 30 year old set and conveyed this but he wanted to check it so it was sent to him. After over a week of checking it was returned as defective with the member saying the the sov and double had problems and the half was OK. I subsequently sent it to Russell for grading where it got a 70/69/69 for the £2/£1 and half. My bet is that the member had the set really checked thoroughly and finding that it would not get a perfect 70 (he has a reputation for wanting perfection at really low pricing hence me and others blocking him) he rejected it. I guess it is OK to do this and i am wondering what lessons to learn from this?  Should a set be returned if the person who buys it thinks it will not get a 70? I can understand returning it if it had a bad scratch, was cleaned or was fake but because it is not a perfect 70 in the eyes of the receiver. I am glad that I have gained enough of a reputation as a trusted seller to not be put thru this again but as someone new to this forum, I feel sorry for anyone else having to be put thru this and I doubt yuo can return a set on ebay just because it would not get a 70. Seems an unfair expectation especially if you are selling the set for 50% less than a 70 set would achieve.   

@ThePaleKing

You're being very fair and your offer to use BYB's excellent intermediary service is wise.

That's a cheap piece of gold with little risk, I'd say.

In the spirit of the forum however, I'll advise you that you'd get more from HGM today and the coin would only need to be sent once.

https://www.hattongardenmetals.com/sell-scrap-gold.aspx

Good luck with your sale although I do hope a forum member buys it and new relationships are developed.

Edited by Roy

@Roy Actually I sold x2 1 oz Britannia gold coins yesterday to HGM but I want to keep my sovereigns and Krugerrands plus some silver for trying to sell on the silverforum. Trying to build a good reputation which obviously will take time but I don`t mind selling less on here because selling on thesilverforum gives me an alternative than selling to a bullion merchant.

regards

Jamie