• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Westminster collection jokers

Stacknsave

So like a few people on here I have ordered a few of the 2011 brits and a few of the 1/10 gold Brit’s off Westminster’s Black Friday deals, entered my card details and sat back waiting to receive them.

today instead I’ve received a letter from them asking for my permission to do a credit check on me! For what? 

Ive ordered coins not part of there follow on collection cons and I’ve paid up front so why the hell would I consent to them doing a credit check on me! 

Safe to say they can stick there coins up there a$$

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It says due to the value of the order, so maybe it’s the gold there suggesting they need to credit check me for @kiskelo as I’ve also ordered off them before.

@zeusss4 I thought exactly the same as you! On part of the order it says fully allocated waiting to send existing orders. So my guess is there seeing how many people they can put off first before having to tell people the truth and losing face.

52 minutes ago, kiskelo said:

I got 2 x 2011 silver brits yesterday, no issues. But I have dealt with them before so they have my details on record.

Same here with 2 gold brits as well. No problems or credit checks for me. I did pay by debit card though, so that might be the difference? 

Received a 1/10oz Brit today. The only thing I am not happy with is they charge as items are dispatched I am guessing, So I was biled under £100 for this Brit and another £45 for 3 x silver Brits at s later date. I paid with credit card for extra protection but would not have kicked in as each "order" was under £100 and no additional pritection with credit card. That said I am a suspicious b****d

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

I also received a letter for credit check. I ordered 3 x 1/10 gold brits and 2 x silver brits. I also got a friend to order 3 gold brits which i have now received. It does seem strange that their asking some people for credit checks and not others!

14 hours ago, Bullionaire said:

Same here with 2 gold brits as well. No problems or credit checks for me. I did pay by debit card though, so that might be the difference? 

I paid with debit card my order and credit card on my friends order. So i dont think it makes a difference.

15 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

At a guess its to protect them against credit card fraud, i know of a coin dealer who had someone try and buy several sovereigns from his site using a CC, the card was found to be eventually stolen but had he sent the coins he would have lost both the coins and the payment........

Possibly something like that but I’d paid by debit card that is registered to me and my addresse that was also the delivery address, and also I’ve used the card before with them for a prior purchase so I really don’t get it. There really not a good company 

There is zero reason for a business to credit check you unless they are offering credit upon your request. This includes contracts such as phones. The only real deception is some employers have to run credit checks in sensitive businesses.

a credit check can hurt your score despite you having a good on, try and have as few as poss Blue and always question why someone wants to run one on you. 

The only reason they are credit checking people is for marketing segmentation to figure out usd get what future marketing and special offers on credit. 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

Archived