• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Lidl Coin Cases

caloundracats

5 hours ago, Coolsmp said:

Whats the quality like on these cases??

They're OK. Fine for filling up with silver and storing around the place(s).
Strong enough not to feel flimsy but I wouldn't swing them around by the handle too much!

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

For the price you can't expect it to be Fort Knox or anything. But they are the same ones as sold online.

I view them as a great place to stack and store, each case housing one type of coin. Of course you may have to purchase other trays as I have done - online is easiest.

Can always flog them on ebay if not satisfied. They go for around £30 from memory so the ones at Lidl are a great price - every little helps - oops, wrong supermarket LOL!

I think this is the Leuchtturm/Lighthouse case size L. The take a variety of trays like the ones below:

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Cargo-L6-Blue-Felt-Coin-Tray-Square-Round-Slab-Compartments-Assorted-Sizes/141664251848?hash=item20fbd8efc8:m:mUlocsB_NW8kTujma0qHj7Q:rk:3:pf:0

I have even found more trays of the same size for larger coins/medals.

Instagram: gildeon_67

5 minutes ago, Gildeon said:

I think this is the Leuchtturm/Lighthouse case size L. The take a variety of trays like the ones below:

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Cargo-L6-Blue-Felt-Coin-Tray-Square-Round-Slab-Compartments-Assorted-Sizes/141664251848?hash=item20fbd8efc8:m:mUlocsB_NW8kTujma0qHj7Q:rk:3:pf:0

I have even found more trays of the same size for larger coins/medals.

This seller is actually The Coin Gallery. Usually cheaper buying direct from the site.

https://www.coingallery.co.uk/large-aluminium-coin-case-and-spare-coin-trays-41-c.asp

4 minutes ago, Seasider said:

Well the cases have gone from my local Lidl.  Either they were very popular or they get one week and then they're out.

Lidl tends to keep stock of a week then move it to another store. That way they dont have to buy shedloads and can stock every store by rotating the stock

2 hours ago, Seasider said:

Well the cases have gone from my local Lidl.  Either they were very popular or they get one week and then they're out.

I went to my Lidl store on Wednesday and they had none so I wonder if they ever had any for sale ?

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

These are back this week! 

21BBCC34-008D-4160-B55C-FFB9A69123AD.jpeg

Added 0 minutes later...

@Pete

Thanks mate - On sale from Sunday 15th December

Wanted: 2006 1oz and 1/4 oz Gold Year of the Dog coins from the Perth Mint

1 hour ago, Melon said:

Whilst they do look nice, they aren't looking particularly easy to store securely. Good luck getting that in a safe or deposit box! 

OK for general coinage and as @Melon says - they are rather large for a general safe - they dont / wont fit a LARGE SAFE!!

Archived