• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Libertad Gold Reverse Proof 2018 are ahead...

muenzdachs

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 13/12/2018 at 16:31, *tada* said:

This price is def high, got mine for around $1650 from Pat. APMEX should be similar.

$1506 from Apmex today. 1/2 ounce started at $99 over spot. 

Added 0 minutes later...
Just now, Sal said:

$1506 from Apmex today. 1/2 ounce started at $99 over spot. 

I paid $729 for the 1/2 ounce.

• 1 month later...

Hi...could anyone who has used the Muenzdachs website from the UK assist please..@muenzdachs

When I occasionally have a dream about owning a reverse proof libertad, I cannot get the website to convert into GBP (not a huge problem) and the postage comes out at £100!!.

If I use the translate facility, then the basket puts the final bill at over £1500 GBP!!...hence cannot find the courage to place an order( assuming any will be available!)

Is there an easy solution (apart from not buy one...)

cheers

1DBEF80B-27B8-4486-AE51-B3B4957F63E9.thumb.png.321e510e19caf68b98c991a3a0fd2f34.png

Received mine a while ago, both graded and raw and have to say they look amazing - the design has a very delicate feel due to the matte surface. For me they look even better than the regular proofs.

If only the mintage is sub 1000, though I think demand will be very strong.

70 grade through rate should be high.

@*tada* I have not received mine yet, have you got both sizes ? Which one do you prefer ? 

I am surprised that these coins have been S/O so fast everywhere in NA.I have tried to follow the sales, and I have seen only a handful number of dealers selling this RP Libertad. Moreover,  I don't feel that US or CA dealers did get big allocations (while 85% of allocations were intended to NA). Apmex which seemed to be the main dealer sold out in a matter of days, and I have read some reports on forums that the 1/2oz was only surreptitiously seen and only a handful of lucky buyers were able to buy it. So I question myself to know where are all the 1000 coins ??  

Is the 1000 mintage real ? or is it only a max possible mintage ?

Yeah I really thought I would be able to get one of these for sure. The 1/2 oz on Apmex was gone in a day or two. It shows that they have MS70 as a new item but they either havent been listed yet, or sold out immediately. Still looking. It now I think the resale premiums will be too high... 

5 hours ago, Frenchie said:

@*tada* I have not received mine yet, have you got both sizes ? Which one do you prefer ? 

I am surprised that these coins have been S/O so fast everywhere in NA.I have tried to follow the sales, and I have seen only a handful number of dealers selling this RP Libertad. Moreover,  I don't feel that US or CA dealers did get big allocations (while 85% of allocations were intended to NA). Apmex which seemed to be the main dealer sold out in a matter of days, and I have read some reports on forums that the 1/2oz was only surreptitiously seen and only a handful of lucky buyers were able to buy it. So I question myself to know where are all the 1000 coins ??  

Is the 1000 mintage real ? or is it only a max possible mintage ?

I prefer the 1/2oz as maybe it is the rarer of the two. Bank of Mexico eliminated more of these than the 1oz in QC.

APMEX gets the majority of the coins and should have more coming as usually these coins are released in multiple batches.

Mintage is never real until we have a final say from the bank...

4 hours ago, Ablist said:

Yeah I really thought I would be able to get one of these for sure. The 1/2 oz on Apmex was gone in a day or two. It shows that they have MS70 as a new item but they either havent been listed yet, or sold out immediately. Still looking. It now I think the resale premiums will be too high... 

The graded coins are up for sale now. As expected the 1/2oz also has much smaller 70 pop then the 1oz (14 vs 60). There is a purchase limit of 2 per item I believe.

Update: After 30 min APMEX started to hike price on the 1/2oz 70 FS, another $50 on top. Monopoly pricing as usual.

Update 2: After 2 hours APMEX hiked another $300 on the 1/2oz 70 FS, also hiked $200 on the 1oz 70 FS. Strong demand!

Update 3: After 3 hours 1/2oz hiked a total $600, and are all gone. A total of $300 bump on 1oz. ($1600 for 1/2oz and $2000 for 1oz PR70 FS)

I never saw libertads trade like this, it is like seeing a crazy US mint issue with First Strike labels

43 minutes ago, Theo said:

Just picked up  a 1oz and 1/2 oz  Reverse Proof Gold Libertad before that crazy increase in premium... there was aproxx a $600 difference in price from when  I bought ...CRAZY  PCGS 70!!!

Crazy APMEX!!!

$300 bump on 1oz and $600 on 1/2oz. The 1/2oz are gone so someone paid a lot for it...

As of now, PCGS PR70 First Strike is selling at $2000 for 1oz and $1600! for 1/2oz

In comparison, NGC PF70 Early Release trades around $1800 for the 1oz and about $1000 for the 1/2oz.

Just had a look on the APMEX website..the PCGS PR70 Gold Reverse Proofs are in stock at $2001..that’s some mark up in one day..@*tada* well done on getting in early. At least some of the people who appreciated these coins early on have got theirs at a reasonable price, before the speculators moved in. Well done you..😀😀😀

Archived