• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

EBAY 15% OFF

fehk2001

38 minutes ago, Goldhooked said:

There was a 15% discount that worked for coins earlier this year.  Lots of people here used it.

Indeed there was!

I managed to pick up a one tenth gold Britannia for £89.25 inc. P&P that day, and am keen to find another bargain when the next eBay discount code comes up

8 minutes ago, shawy2510 said:

Unless you have a £1 saving it won't work as your 15% saving needs to be covered by the sellers 13% loss so nobody really benefits

The seller doesn't lose anything, they still get their full asking price.  eBay covers the cost of the discount.

Just now, Goldhooked said:

The seller doesn't lose anything, they still get their full asking price.  eBay covers the cost of the discount.

Seller loses 13% mate. If I list for £260 after fees I get £225 so no point. You get it for £221 again not really worth it

1 minute ago, shawy2510 said:

Seller loses 13% mate. If I list for £260 after fees I get £225 so no point. You get it for £221 again not really worth it

OK, I didn't realise you were talking about listing something to specifically take advantage of the discount.  I was looking at it from the point of view if someone is already listing for £260 they still get the amount they were going to get anyway regardless of the discount.

Someone on the forum tried to use the 15% eBay discount that worked with coins ( I bought a gold Beast with this offer ) by working out a special price for fellow forum members.
If that same person wanted to try again he / she could list a coin in one of the categories ( knowingly incorrect ) that qualify for the current discount.
For example - in furniture - small box suitable for children's bedroom containing a free gold sovereign !!🤣

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

If that same person wanted to try again he / she could list a coin in one of the categories ( knowingly incorrect ) that qualify for the current discount.
For example - in furniture - small box suitable for children's bedroom containing a free gold sovereign !!🤣

I don't think you'd need to try and hide it.  Unless things have changed you used to be able to list pretty much anything in any category and the only time eBay would do anything would be if someone reported your listing for incorrect category.  Maybe their automated processes are better at picking this up now though.

Last time I used the 15% discount to get some old, but graded, coins from sellers based in the USA - easily covered the postage and the 5% import duty and a bit of a discount😀

Unfortunately I tend to get outbid by Atlas at the main auctions and when the coin appears on their Ebay shop the price seems to have gone up a bit but it would be great to get some of their coins at a discount!

Archived