• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

If you mean best value, probably the silver OPM rounds I bought from arshimo on here a few days ago, or the 2012 bullion sovereign I got with a 15% discount off eBay a few months back. 

If you mean best as in favourite, probably the 1995 silver panda I got from davepanda a few months ago. 

I do want one of those Australian sovereigns - will have to see what santa brings me. 

best deals,buys of 2018 ?, probably completing the 1/4 oz queens beasts set  in proof form to date, 3 added this year, not particular cheap or all great deals but as time goes by I am sure if I tried to collect them again it would cost me double!

dean.m

A 1/10th ounce gold Britannia for £89.25 (inc. P&P!) as a result of one of eBay's 15% discount, plus a nice little bit of TopCashback and nearly 90 Nectar points.

My other "high point" of 2018 was a half kilo Baird bar for £216 - again inc P&P, a special 4% TopCashback deal, and a shed load of Nectar points :)

Edited by Fastnick

Like others my best bargain has to be an under spot Sovereign with the 15% eBay discount.

My favourite item isn't just one coin but rather the stack of silver Canadian Voyageur dollars I managed to pick up through the year. This is the first coin I ever fell in love with and sought out. I pick them up whenever I see them decently priced and they remain a firm favourite.

Edited by AppleZippoandMetronome

I’ve only started stacking this year and everything I’ve acquired so far are my best buys. I’ve got all the available 1/4oz Queen’s Beasts, 1/4oz Krugerrand, 1/4oz Britannia, 1/4oz Eagle, 1/4oz Philharmonic, 1/4oz Panda and Sovereign. I’ve also got 5 silver Pandas, 5 Kookaburras, 5 Koalas and 5 Kangaroos. The best deal was the Krugerrand at £249. I’m still in two minds whether I should continue next year with my fractional gold rush, upgrade to 1oz gold coins or switch to silver stacking.

50 queens beast 1 oz griffins gold coins I bought from Royal Mint when these cois were on sale on RMB with 4% premium over melt. Sold 40 of those coins later on the year for handsome profit of almost £13k. The ones left on my hand I will grade with PCGS and hopefully will get MS-70

Edited by MoralHazard

The rarest gold Panda 1/4 oz 1995 in OMP and perfect condition at bullion price 320€ :)  (bought  a Panda 2009 to a German dealer, but they sent me this one instead. I did not sent it back of course :D)

Value around 3500/4500€ (according to PGCS and NGC )

Edited by Frenchie