• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queens Beast Bullion Coins.

Scotty1511

I have now got the 5 proof coins for the queens beasts 

Lion

Unicorn

Dragon

Black Bull

Falcon.

I have the same in the 2 oz bullion, though on the 10 oz only have the unicorn, dragon and Griffin... 

So my question is what are the release dates on the proof coins and what is the release dates on the bullion... i have the Griffin 10 oz, why is there no griffin on the proof?

I believe the only 10oz i have missing is the lion, is this correct? ( have the griffen just now showing as no.proof coin).

Anyone got release dates for bullion and proof silver.

20181119_201312.jpg

10 hours ago, Scotty1511 said:

I have now got the 5 proof coins for the queens beasts 

Lion

Unicorn

Dragon

Black Bull

Falcon.

I have the same in the 2 oz bullion, though on the 10 oz only have the unicorn, dragon and Griffin... 

So my question is what are the release dates on the proof coins and what is the release dates on the bullion... i have the Griffin 10 oz, why is there no griffin on the proof?

I believe the only 10oz i have missing is the lion, is this correct? ( have the griffen just now showing as no.proof coin).

Anyone got release dates for bullion and proof silver.

20181119_201312.jpg

The release dates are all mixed up for the bullion and non bullion versions. From memory, the griffin was due to be released last for the proofs

17 hours ago, MickD said:

I'd be firing that straight back.

Since the coin was supplied in it's capsule from the Royal Mint there is no merit in naming and shaming the supplier who is not to blame.
The supplier did send me this response -

" I've checked your photos carefully.
We've contacted the Royal Mint several times about these issues and always receive the same answers. 
We are told it is a BU coin ; only PROOF quality coins are flawless.
We have plenty of Royal Mint coins with similar marks as on your photos.
It is the avarage quality a 10 oz silver UNICORN coin, unfortunately.
During production process the coins bump against each other, some show deeper marks.
We are always sent away with same words:  nothing wrong, it corresponds to what you have to expect from a BU coin."

Doesn't make you want to break out the Union Jack and fly it from the rooftop.

Very sad that the royal mint doesnt have a better quality control method. Even if it is just bullion people still collect it and want/expect it to be in good condition on purchase. Otherwise we'd all just buy blank rounds.

Just for info - last year, I had occasion to ring and berate the RM personally as a "PROOF" year collection had several of the coins within it that looked like they had been sanded with 120 grade sandpaper! - - - So clearly they do have on occasion, issues over "PROOF" - - - I was sorted very quickly with an immaculate replacement (the postage was even at there expense)

However their standards IMO do seem to slipping in the last few years

As to "bullion" I kind of agree that Bullion is really "melt/metal value" - ergo if anyone is wanting pristine - then proof is the only choice

ALL in my honest opinion

SHUGS

Archived