• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Alphabet 10p pieces

ScroogeMcDuck

Something i cant seem to find an answer for online.

Ive managed to aquire a couple of the alphabet 10p piece.

Ive seen the royal mint has sold them as silver proof. Are they all silver proof or are the ones ive found in circulation a lower quality metal or ive just been lucky and someone not know what they are?

I'm pretty sure they've only just entered circulation as regular 10ps. 'BUNCS' were available from the Mint and elsewhere for £2 (!) each from early in the year along with the silver proofs.

Depends on where you live but shop staff etc around here are getting pretty wise to these kinds of special coins and keeping them for themselves/to sell.

8 minutes ago, ScroogeMcDuck said:

Ill have to keep my eye out for them. Must admit it is fun hunting for them. Never too old for a treasure hunt

Think was very 'cheeky' of the Mint to sell albums for these coins in Spring when they've only actually been in circulation for a few months as @h103efa says! I gave one to the kiddies and they've spent all year looking and found nothing yet, poor show from the Mint. But now they're 'wild' hopefully it should be exciting for the younger coinsters, inspiring the next generation! :)

Some are better than others though imo, some are awful and some are nice. One of the kiddies is a vegetarian but her name means she gets some rubbish design with sausages and bacon of 'E is for English Breakfast' rather than the glowing tribute to late 80s acid house culture it should be :ph34r:

6 minutes ago, kimchi said:

Some are better than others though imo, some are awful and some are nice. One of the kiddies is a vegetarian but her name means she gets some rubbish design with sausages and bacon of 'E is for English Breakfast' rather than the glowing tribute to late 80s acid house culture it should be :ph34r:

Check out Tom Kitten on the 50p, he's been taking said 'E's

1 hour ago, kimchi said:

I'm pretty sure they've only just entered circulation as regular 10ps. 'BUNCS' were available from the Mint and elsewhere for £2 (!) each from early in the year along with the silver proofs.

Depends on where you live but shop staff etc around here are getting pretty wise to these kinds of special coins and keeping them for themselves/to sell.

Yeah i was one of them sados that bought the whole collection 😂

33 minutes ago, mustynewb said:

I bought the set when they first came out, not seen any in circulation though. I looked at the silver proof onces but didnt fancy like £1500 for all of them lol.

£910 and also 10% off atm with Black Friday deal

20% of loads of other BUNCs and Sets

38 minutes ago, mustynewb said:

I bought the set when they first came out, not seen any in circulation though. I looked at the silver proof onces but didnt fancy like £1500 for all of them lol.

Let's be honest, they're a tremendous circulation set/idea even if some of the designs are rubbish, but like you say that much for the proof set?!! :o

33 minutes ago, h103efa said:

Check out Tom Kitten on the 50p, he's been taking said 'E's

One too many 'English Breakfasts' for old Tom Kitten eh? :lol:

I only bought one 2018 Panda when I saw he was probably smoking more than his usual bamboo...didn't want to feed his habit :P

5 minutes ago, Rhyseyson said:

Yeah i was one of them sados that bought the whole collection 😂

I got the whole BUNC set too, three complete sets and some spare key letter BUNCs for certain special people. It was costly but I don't regret it, some of the (better designed) coins made some folks very happy and feel special, a really nice little 'customised' gift imo :)

11 minutes ago, mustynewb said:

to bne fair i think it was closer 30-40 for the silver proof so yeah around 900. The normal set i think cost me about 50/60 for all of them with an album

yep £52 for the set and ~£10 for the album

They ones found in circulation usually are swapped around or sell for about £1 - £1.30 each on fb groups or ebay

9 minutes ago, Coolsmp said:

Noticed this in a magazine..£55 + p&p.. thats a lot of money for £2.60

20181122_121720.jpg

It certainly is but with only about ~200,000 of each in circulation and something that folk want to collect, people will pay for these "nearly BUNC" versions! The circulated versions sell for £1 to £1.30 each. Who knows what these sets will sell for in the future?

Kew 50p with 210,000 circulation sell for £80+

3 hours ago, Coolsmp said:

Noticed this in a magazine..£55 + p&p.. thats a lot of money for £2.60

20181122_121720.jpg

I think it's OK, roughly the price of the full Mint set and you get more - coins are individually carded and you get an album etc. The Mint 'Coin Finder' album is much nicer, but it's really designed for finding circulated coins, not BUNCS (however bad the quality lol).

Archived