• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Mene.com - investment grade jewellery from Goldmoney founder

Paul

Interesting video about a Goldmoney Roy Sebeg founder trying to disrupt the jewelry trade by offering investment grade 24krt gold

Offered at much lower fixed rate sales markup, real-time pricing, live portfolio value, buyback, great design, multiple designs

Great concept and interesting content. 

Its an interesting concept that is spammed everywhere because of the referral commission you can earn getting people to join through you and buy through your links.

The fact is its still at a big premium and 24ct is less than ideal for jewellery, its just to soft. Theres a good reason quality jewellery is almost always 18ct for stone set rings and 22ct max for bands here.

Its also worth noting that if it weighs over a gram then it cannot be called gold due to not having UK hallmarks, its "yellow metal"

It is an interesting concept but for UK buyers I dont think it makes any sense at all.

Silver forum noob Goldmatters here. You can find my work on Mene on Steemit. Wanted to weigh in here. It is a understandable misconception that 24 karat jewelry is too soft for jewelry, but its actually not true if you look at many thousands of years of history and the current jewelry market in the East.

24 karat gold jewelry is bought and sold every day in places like china and India and used as a form of a generational store of wealth. I think it is important to correct the softness myth as all precious metals enthusiasts benefit for increased metal demand a 24 karat standard would require from western jewelry companies .

Thank you

Goldmatters 

Go to any quality jewellers and see how many items of 24ct jewelery you can buy. 

You wont get a western 24ct standard - its to soft to be practical for jewellery. Its to malleable, stones will fall out, it will bend easy, it will dent and scratch easy.

Its valued in some countries yes, there is demand in Asia true, but dont kid yourself it makes good jewellery - it really does not. 

Mene is just one big affiliate marketing circle jerk. Everyone says how great it is because they want to benefit from free gold on commission. 

Get something really chunky in 24k and im sure you will be fine if you dont mind scratches and dents. But until its hallmarked in the UK it isnt gold. Its yellow metal.

I hear ya! Jewelry isn’t for everyone and of course most stackers (myself included) wouldnt ONLY own jewelry. But for those people that buy jewelry anyway it might be a cool way to “stealth stack” by buying your loved one a 24 karat gift.

It is possible for the jewelry to scratch yes, but generally it holds up pretty well. Here is my charm collection:

Cheers!

B718B750-C5C2-4BB0-B6E0-3AAB7418C313.jpeg

The other problem is their overseas shipping. At USD 75 it kills any deal they might provide. 

I can’t see why the shipping cost for a small 5 gm gold item worth about $100 or $200 should cost this much even with tracking and signature on delivery.

I’ve ordered more expensive items from the US and UK with the same delivery services (tracking, signature) and it never costs that much. Even for heavier items.

I’m glad that someone has mentioned this very intriguing and innovative company which deals in investment grade 24k gold. I agree with all the the pros and cons of Menē but still find the concept interesting despite my extreme distaste for jewellery. One of the major selling points of Menē is that their product is investment gold. There’s no real reason why someone who collects or invests in gold coins and bars shouldn’t extend their gold investments to 24k gold jewellery. Imagine, for example, how interesting it would be if we had collectible Queen’s Beasts figurines alongside the coins.

Archived