• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

23 hours ago, Madstacks said:

L3_781.4_96.6.thumb.jpg.854a0602dad1c87e31034e38c469aba5.jpg

Ended up going for this for now, the new ceramic bezel Longines Hydroconquest in the new 43mm size. I have big wrists and like big watches - £981 after code with francis gaye, im sure could be sorced on the grey market cheaper but im happy, appart from the fact i have to wait a month as orders are backed up😕

I do want to get an omega one day, but this fits my price bracket a bit better right now. I could have got a black one cheaper at around £926.50 but for me it has to be blue. Stunning dial can be seen in this video at 4.10 seconds. 

Longines make great watches and at a more wallet friendly price, not that £981 is exactly cheap for a watch and defo a bit of a self indulgent splurge.

A watch that if looked after can be passed on down the family with a timeless design.

Edited by mr-dead

Cheers Mr Dead - I do think I have made the right choice on this one. 

I first wanted the Omega Seamaster 300, but i tend to like my watches bigger than 41mm so id probably looking at a planet ocean and they are even more. 

The Longines seems to offer most of the quality at a fraction of the price - official servicing seems to be about half the price, and is still from a prestigious watch company with a strong history, they seem to be somewhat underappreciated and undervalued and being a serial bargain hunter that calls to me too! But to be honest I was sold on it as soon as i saw it, the price is a bonus. 

I still would like an omega one day in the future, but now I will have a nice diver i think it would have to be the moonwatch. 

Edited by Madstacks

Not so much a watch but I just treated myself to a cheap Chinese watch winder which seems to be doing the job fine 

0PWsKNP.jpg

I'm into my Japanese watches myself, love Sekios and Orients in particular, just find them to be straight honest watches at a reasonable price, I have really scrawny wrists so the 37mm of the Seiko is ideal.  That Longines Hydroconquest is a really nice watch and is affordable and I  might treat myself to that one as well, I'm a little disappointed that Swatch seems to have decided to reduce Longines down a tier though, I bought the Grand Classique for something dressy and it's not value for money.

Funnily enough the watch that's getting the most wrist time with me at the moment is a cheap but not nasty Chinese job as well, a Parnis Daytona homage.

bX9sTIb.jpg

I like it though, only £60 and it has sapphire glass, nice mechaquartz movement and fully stainless 316L case and bracelet with ceramic bezel and the bracelet has solid end links and a machined clasp which is something I would not get with most Seikos even though I put in on a leather strap, looks good and wears well.

Sorry to lower the tone with "shitters" as Archie Luxury would say.

On 16/01/2019 at 19:29, shortstack68 said:

Out of curiosity what is the service costs of a Rolex?

I got quoted between £500 and £600 depending on steel or gold model. Although the guy i spoke to basically said if its still keeping good time then dont bother! Although it would be more a cosmetic thing when i do service as they come back looking brand new.