• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

@richatthecroft  Yep cracking deal mate, £124 - I think i may have an obsession forming lol..But i always try to buy watches i think I can profit from in future potentialy, this is deffinatly one of them i think easily £200 once no longer around.

Edited by Madstacks

14 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

Nice one, I’ll take a closer look at it, can you recommend a site?

I bought mine here https://www.hsamuel.co.uk/webstore/d/5252946/seiko+men's+stainless+steel+solar+leather+strap+watch/ - Its already sold out once but come back into stock, the code "HS15OFF" will give an extra £15 of any watch:)

Edited by Madstacks

On 12/11/2018 at 16:54, Kookaburracollector said:

20 years old and still keeping great time, and has never broken down.

123977CA-81A0-402E-A76C-73B07AE5A493.thumb.jpeg.917c7af5a9f667cc1709ce5cda86bb43.jpeg

The only downside of having a nice watch is the servicing costs which for a Tag are ridiculous. I now just replace the battery at a local jewellers every few years and he does it there and then for £5...yes five pounds. The only downside is it is no longer waterproof but that really is not a problem..

Nearly pulled the trigger a year or two ago on a Seamaster black dial, but couldnt do it...watching Michael Mcintyre getting attacked in his Range Rover for his Rolex sort of put me off...

If  i ever change my mind I think the seamaster will be the one!

A classic! I have one of these.  My favourite is the Monaco though I wish I had purchased the Steve McQueen special edition a few years back.

Watches are like silver, once you have made a purchase you are on the lookout for the next...

If money was no object I think a Lange & Söhne 1815. Craftsmanship at its finest, I think as a company they produce around 1000 watches a year. I believe the one pictured is at the lower end of the price scale at €38,000.00 👍

EFC0872D-AB93-46F2-A897-249131B26406.jpeg

3FD2C9D3-161F-4274-8E68-1E432347FC9F.png

32 minutes ago, Madstacks said:

What watch did ya get inside?

The G-Shock one you recommended, my brother had to get it for me in the UK, just landed yesterday because he was too lazy to post it 😁 Need to get a couple of links out. the wristband is massive

Added 0 minutes later...
On 29/12/2018 at 12:11, Madstacks said:

Bought myself a treat - Have a bit of a thing for casio watches..infact japanese watches in general. 

gst-s310d-1a.jpg.885cc54d45d4005fe236eb9af5ea0f12.jpg

This one

On 12/11/2018 at 09:32, AuricGoldfinger said:

Looks great. I know its probably not what your thinking of doing but you COULD pick up a nice used Omega Seamaster 300m (Quartz though not automatic) for under £1000 and it would hold its value/slowly appreciate in value. I bought one used for £550 without a box probably 10 years ago now and then bought a box and sold it for £850 a few years after owning it - something i now regret as it was a great watch. Or an Omega de ville is maybe more up your street. I just think if your a little undecided then going for a used watch takes out the initial purchase premium and means i you decide you dont want it anymore you can sell it on without taking a hit. Just a thought!

***ignore my misinformation! Shows the last time i checked out the prices of a Quartz!***

Amazingly - i am now seriously eyeing up a used Seamaster 300! Could not stretch to new prices - What do you think of this one? and price for a 2004? Is this likely to retain most of its value now its taken its major retail drop from new or will i take a huge hit because its bought from a shop?

https://watchesofdistinction.com/product/2195-ref-5502-seamaster-diver-bond-ref-25318-00/

Edited by Madstacks

Well it looks great. Identical to the model i had except this is an automatic mine was quartz. Very comfortable watch to wear. Its the model with the waves on the face, for some reason they dropped the waves for a few years and now have gone back to them! As for price in all honesty I couldn’t tell you what a good price was (you can tell by how out of touch i was on some previous pricing). Looks like all the box and papers are there and condition looks good so it will certainly drop less in price than a brand new model. Also although you may find a quartz cheaper, automatic movement is the way to go anyway in my opinion, its what your paying for really. Prices tend to creep up and buying used, mint condition, and from a reputable dealer is just about as much as you can do to take the sting out of any initial depreciation. To me thats an iconic omega and i dont think you would regret the purchase.

@AuricGoldfinger Thank you, I think I will go and have a chat with them, see if there is any past service history as once a service is factored in that could make the newer models look not so bad..I rather like the wave dial, but you can get a brand new "non wave" for just under 3 grand right now and if they wont budge on price and its due a service then it already comes in at more like £2700, some movement on price  movement in price might be needed but whilst im very experienced in haggling over low value items at the carboot sale haggling over higher value items is new to me!  Its a whole lot of money but like you say an iconic watch that is always going to be in demand. 

Edited by Madstacks

L3_781.4_96.6.thumb.jpg.854a0602dad1c87e31034e38c469aba5.jpg

Ended up going for this for now, the new ceramic bezel Longines Hydroconquest in the new 43mm size. I have big wrists and like big watches - £981 after code with francis gaye, im sure could be sorced on the grey market cheaper but im happy, appart from the fact i have to wait a month as orders are backed up😕

I do want to get an omega one day, but this fits my price bracket a bit better right now. I could have got a black one cheaper at around £926.50 but for me it has to be blue. Stunning dial can be seen in this video at 4.10 seconds.