• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

Caveat emptor when buying a nice watch off all online auction sites. I have seen a perfect looking TAG watch sold online, only for the new owner to later discover the movement inside had been replaced!! Crafty buggers...is there no length to which scumbags won’t stoop to rob honest folk!

Plenty of fakes out there I guess just like with coins...due diligence has to be exceptional these days,

1 hour ago, Kookaburracollector said:

Plenty of fakes out there I guess just like with coins...due diligence has to be exceptional these days,

Yeah very true, I saw this video and could not tell the difference - Replicas these days can be very very convincing, enough so that I would not trust myself to try and verify a watch and have no option but to buy from a professional. The main tell for me is the quality of the bezel stamping on the original is so far superior to the fake - under high magnification its very apparent. Not that I can even come close to affording one 😆

Edited by Madstacks

Just watched the video of the fake Rolex..frightening how good they are getting.

Some fake coins are even better..The reason why I hate fakes so much (especially coins), is that the vast majority of collectors are not experts, they are enthusiasts. It’s alright for the expert to say I could tell, but for most people, a fake is the cause of great disappointment, stress and embarrassment.

This is why I prefer to buy from reputable sources, and don’t mind paying a premium for the peace of mind that comes with it.

Anyway, I will be wearing my happy watch in the morning, a £99 Garmin S2 which tells me how far I am away from the green for my next golf shot..happy days to all.

Just like to say. This is one of the best topics on the silverforum! I’ve always been interested and wanting a high end watch. Tag Heuer is my dream to own, not chosen a model yet, as I’m in no position to purchase one. But I’m enjoying seeing all your pictures of your Beautiful watches. Thank you keep them coming 😍😍😍

2 hours ago, Uksilverstackers said:

This is a pic I took when trying to decide which looked best on. Got neither, but may now look again at the Omega White Dial Speedmaster hmmmm.....

A bit of advice I got when buying my watch is to always pay a little extra and get the metal bracelet.

It only costs a little more when buying new but trying to source a genuine metal bracelet afterwards is either impossible or can cost hundreds where a leather strap is easy to source and a lot cheaper.

Edited by mr-dead

Received the shippo enamel watch today, its stunning but to be honest the dial has not quite lived upto my expectations so im returning for a refund. Its a bit dissapointing because i was sure it was the watch for me but i always said to myself if it doesn't blow me away it has to go back. 

Just for fun @Trumar :) Not that id mind them going up in value though!

I tend to bargain hunt my watches mainly so its not impossible, but i really just buy because i enjoy it. 

So much of my money gets invested or saved sometimes its nice to buy something nice i think. I think an expensive watch makes alot more sense than the latest smartphone. 

Edited by Madstacks

I used to wear different watches until I got the Rolex for my 30th.

The Lotus I bought with my first or second pay packet, The Ellesse watch was an 18th pressie and the Accurist was a pressie for being Best Man. They dont really get used now, in fact @Madstacks they sit in a cupboard next to old phones (I really should throw stuff out!) None of the latest  smart phones for me :)

Cheers

DK

Phones.jpg

Watches.jpg