• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

We must have a few watch enthusiasts here? 

I am just starting to get into watches, currently have four citizen,casio,g-shock,seiko - what watches do you guys own? fav types ect?

Just dipping my toes into what i can see being amazing items to collect, im now eyeing up a  £1k watch..Have a lost my marbles? 😄

Edited by Madstacks

My daily is an Omega Speed Master Pro Moonwatch which I wear on a gasgas bones made to measure strap (great quality and a good price - https://www.gasgasbones.com/)

Crystal sandwich version so has a crystal front and case back so you can see the movement which is nice, comes in a huge presentation box with lots of extras.

IMG_20181111_230035_resized_20181111_110112031.jpg

IMAG0368.jpg

IMAG0365.jpg

IMAG0367.jpg

Edited by mr-dead

This year i purchased what i would describe as my “dream watch”. It’s not something i wear every day but its something I appreciate every second it’s on my wrist. I’ve wanted it since before i had a pot to piss in as they say so to me it was a really special purchase. Plus... ITS GOLD!

F103121E-687F-450A-8FA4-5901AD018252.thumb.jpeg.00978579bf25b0aabbf28ef0358c967b.jpeg

So @Madstacks if you think you will get £1000 worth of enjoyment out of it then i say go for it! 

Got my Rolex 12 years ago (also when I was flush) model is a GMT-Master II 

I do wear mine everyday, although the service costs are high they do come back from Rolex literally looking brand new.

Lovely watches

Cheers

DK

Rolex.jpg

Edited by DonkeyKong
spelling

WOW some incredible watches here - Omega and Rolex are so out of my league price wise but you cant help but marvel at them. Watches for life. 

Heres the one i am eyeing up,  

Seiko pressage, Shippo enamel dial, crocodile strap, sapphire glass front and back. They do two versions and im looking at the 12mm thick one without power reserve dial as at 14mm i am concerned its a bit to chunky - still deciding. I think the movement is a fairly basic work horse of a movement - but the dial is where a lot of the money is going and quite out of the ordinary.

SeikoSPB075J1-1.jpg.108eda37cc4069edbd0d54045c4a4165.jpg

Edited by Madstacks

Looks great. I know its probably not what your thinking of doing but you COULD pick up a nice used Omega Seamaster 300m (Quartz though not automatic) for under £1000 and it would hold its value/slowly appreciate in value. I bought one used for £550 without a box probably 10 years ago now and then bought a box and sold it for £850 a few years after owning it - something i now regret as it was a great watch. Or an Omega de ville is maybe more up your street. I just think if your a little undecided then going for a used watch takes out the initial purchase premium and means i you decide you dont want it anymore you can sell it on without taking a hit. Just a thought!

***ignore my misinformation! Shows the last time i checked out the prices of a Quartz!***

Edited by AuricGoldfinger
Dont know what im talking about 😆

I like the look of that Seiko. If you do end of buying any watch of value always take a pic of you wearing it for insurance purposes, mine at the time wanted me holding the watch up so they could see it and my face!

Cheers

DK

11 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

Looks great. I know its probably not what your thinking of doing but you COULD pick up a nice used Omega Seamaster 300m (Quartz though not automatic) for under £1000 and it would hold its value/slowly appreciate in value. I bought one used for £550 without a box probably 10 years ago now and then bought a box and sold it for £850 a few years after owning it - something i now regret as it was a great watch. Or an Omega de ville is maybe more up your street. I just think if your a little undecided then going for a used watch takes out the initial purchase premium and means i you decide you dont want it anymore you can sell it on without taking a hit. Just a thought!

Thats a great point, I didnt realize I would be in used territory for that price! I will certainly look into that. 

The Enamel dial of the Seiko has really grabbed my attention, and its somewhat exclusive at 2500 pieces maximum. Seiko seem to be pushing the "presage" range that was a Japanese domestic market range until 2016 - and i was thinking that if the range becomes long lived then early ltd editions may gain in value in time. 

Its certainly more of a "I hope" than a used Omega would be though. 

Certainly food for thought.

@Madstacks the dial is really nice and has a lot of depth to it. I don’t know much about the used market for seiko - you know more than me! The main thing is if you love it - if its also going to hold value/gain thats just a bonus. My other watch is a Rolex Submariner:

2B385449-97E2-4D8C-B4AD-DF429A29BF0A.thumb.png.436ba81f562c0ead68254f69cd3c3c48.png

The depth of colour in the dial is something that makes me love it as much now as the day i got it - around 8 years ago. Actually i love it more now. But its the dial i love as its got a so much going on. If you feel the same about the seiko then i just think go for it!

Have gone ahead and ordered the shippo enamel pressage from firstclasswatches, a quick chat on live chat got them to price match earnest jones at £1050 (EJ online reviews are abysmal), and i have a price promise that if the watch goes cheaper on Black friday they will refund the difference. But apparently thats highly unlikely due to it already being £200 of RRP and a limited edition with a low amount of UK stock and sold out in many countries around the world. 

Officially excited  😁

Edited by Madstacks

Jesus ! so surprised by how many people have Rolex and Omega watches here, well done guys, I love this forum.

I'm 29 years old and at the moment Rolex and Omega are way out of my league too, not that I can't afford to buy one but I've got more important things to save my money towards  , maybe I'll buy one when I'm 40 and driving a Ferrari 😎

anyways, exactly two years ago I had to make a decision on what watch to buy with £500.

I went with Tissot, because I wanted to buy my watch from a well known brand who their speciality is making watches and nothing else.

so this is what I bought and I love it.

I don't wear it everyday though, because I'm sure it will be destroyed at work in maximum one week

my everyday watch Is a G-Shock and I love this one too, it tracks my steps, and when I play football I know roughly how much I'm running and nothing can destroy this watch, I had one of them for 8 years until I got bored of it and bought this one.

fullsizeoutput_21.jpeg

IMG_4831.JPG

Edited by Nick1368

20 years old and still keeping great time, and has never broken down.

123977CA-81A0-402E-A76C-73B07AE5A493.thumb.jpeg.917c7af5a9f667cc1709ce5cda86bb43.jpeg

The only downside of having a nice watch is the servicing costs which for a Tag are ridiculous. I now just replace the battery at a local jewellers every few years and he does it there and then for £5...yes five pounds. The only downside is it is no longer waterproof but that really is not a problem..

Nearly pulled the trigger a year or two ago on a Seamaster black dial, but couldnt do it...watching Michael Mcintyre getting attacked in his Range Rover for his Rolex sort of put me off...

If  i ever change my mind I think the seamaster will be the one!

This is one of the latest Seamasters, i think its likely to be the next bond watch. (This isn’t mine its a sneaky pic i took when i tried it on!)

It also has a crystal back and i think its a new movement to the previous Seamasters. I tried it on the day it came out and loved it. Good value aswel compared to what Rolex are trying to charge for a their models with a rubber strap.

D60C9A1D-827C-4BC4-992D-03BF753DBF81.thumb.jpeg.5cafa47623c7c755773e66a7466c846f.jpeg

9 hours ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

Where do you get a omega seamaster for under a £1000? best to get anything with a box/paperwork etc right?

26 minutes ago, blackadder said:

Where do you get a omega seamaster for under a £1000? best to get anything with a box/paperwork etc right?

Ok - literally just did 5mins of research and holy smokes! I stand corrected seems £1300-£1500 is more of a realistic GOOD starting price for a used. I should know better - i sourced a good friend of mine a brand new quartz black seamaster for £1200 around 5 years ago - list price was £1500 at the time. - also have a friend who picked his up used for £850 but that was a few years ago thinking about it! God time flies blink and u miss it!