• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

1/4oz Gold or 2oz silver - help me decide

doogs

Ok, bit of a dilemma here...

Looking at purchasing either a 1/4oz Gold Coin or some 2oz silver coins. I've got c. £240 to spend.

I'm looking for recommendations in either camp and whether 1/4oz gold or 2oz silver is the better buy in terms of long term investment.

Go give it your best shot....

Cheers,

Doogs

Personally - for best value & long term possible upside is the x10oz koala from STG germany

immediate profits available via eBay today.

Plenty have sold for £185 (+£7.50 postage) in past few weeks 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=10oz+silver+koala

x2 10oz's delivered = £272.44 / 20oz = £13.62 per oz

£136.22 per coin delivered

Your investment decision should be made on what you reckon your purchase will be worth in the future.

Choosing between gold and silver at this level makes no difference.

You should choose based on which coin(s) you can purchase nearest the spot price of the metal factoring in shipping costs.

You will always find buyers but if you pay too much, after deducting selling fees etc, you might loose real money.

£240 of gold in your hand is not much to show so pyschologically you might be happier with silver as a starter in this game.

Personally I think silver is best value for money at the moment. And should go for 2 oz lunar coins, but I'd buy https://www.coininvest.com/en/gold-coins/chinese-panda/china-panda-100-yuan-1-4oz-gold-2013/

Because I love pandas and they are in omp and I think they are the best looking pandas in the series. Bit of a gamble because of the increased mintage figures

Pete: I'm not a starter in this game,  I was just interested in peoples opinions on 1/4oz gold vs 2oz silver. I'm leaning towards gold at the moment.

Cornishfarmer: I agree the 2013 Panda is one of my favourites although I know a lot of collectors who prefer coins with one Panda on them for some reason.

I had the same dilemma at the weekend and went for the 2oz lunar horses, I wanted 20 but they only had 11 in stock so I went for a 10oz horse instead, I'm starting to think I should've gone for the 2oz goats now, all the 2oz lunars do well on the secondary market.

At these prices I just can't see past silver.

I reckon if your a gambling man then you got to go with the silver. I've got a addiction to the lunars by Perth mint and PAMP.

The 1/10ths and the 1/20ths gold lunars give me a longer wealth preservation stack and it would depend on where you are in the scheme of things. I say gold could be the way to go!

Archived