• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What's going to be the Royal Mint's next big hit?

GoodAsGold

So the Royal Mint's Snowman coin is the new big popular frenzy since Peter Rabbit 2016, but what theme do you think could be the Royal Mint's next big hit?  Will they let the Snowman melt away into exclusivity or will they go for a series and up the mintage, like the Peter Rabbit 2017 onwards?  I think that a series of Harry Potter character coins would do the trick. He's a British success story known throughout the world and should sell well. What are your thoughts folks?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, kimchi said:

I think Christmas will be the Snowman after this phenomenal hit. It's timeless and seasonal.

Hi @kimchi. Do you think the RM should stick with a Snowman coin every Christmas for the foreseeable? He's always on TV here every Christmas after all. I think they could certainly sell more of their annual Christmas cards if they put a Snowman in them instead of the designs they're going with.

I wouldn't be surprised if next year is the snow dog, wasn't that a spin off of the original?

Harry potter coin would be a bad idea as I'd end up broke buying all of then doh!

How about Mr Ben, or magic roundabout... or that one with the magic torch that I loved as a kid.... damn what was it called.

5 minutes ago, terakris said:

I wouldn't be surprised if next year is the snow dog, wasn't that a spin off of the original?

Harry potter coin would be a bad idea as I'd end up broke buying all of then doh!

How about Mr Ben, or magic roundabout... or that one with the magic torch that I loved as a kid.... damn what was it called.

Hi @terakris Thanks for your thoughts. Can't comment on the snow dog as I haven't seen any sequels (apart from a Irn Bru commercial).  Wasn't the Magic Roundabout a french production?

1 minute ago, dicker said:

British Science!

Telephony Bell

Jet Engine Whittle

Internet Berners Lee

DNA Crick and Watson

etc

@dicker All excellent choices. I'm thinking more about what the general British public read in their morning newspapers about Peter Rabbit, Paddington Bear and the Snowman coin releases and just get on their mobiles and order those coins spontaneously because they like the subject matter and have now been alerted to the fact that that they'll be in high demand.

5 minutes ago, Bullionbilly said:

They've already got the Seaman Staines coin sorted 😇

Now I may be mistaken, as I think my girlfriend has ridiculed me before for mentioning it previously, but I am sure a young female medic or doctor came into the waiting area when I was in an RAF medical centre and asked for the same individual (gong back about 35 years).

Archived