• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Snowman 50p Proof 2018

danmc82

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Oldun said:

Just checked. Site working alright. 20 mins ago, were £60 each, just now £50...colour me confused unless a comp glitch.

Colour printing on the acrylic block itself adds charm.

Figured it out. No VAT for outside UK shoppers.

Could be more coming up as duplicate orders are cancelled - it may take the website some time to update itself (?)

I ordered 3 on the phone when the online wasn't getting to checkout, of course as soon as I hung up the online went through too :wacko: So I had to phone up and cancel the phone order (no free delivery or cashback compared to online).

Might be worth a try on the phone for those who missed out?

If only the Royal Mint was a big company you think they might be able to afford a decent website!!! :o

6 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

Anyone found that link for silver proof seems like disappeared 

Still there on Firefox (?)

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/events/40th-anniversary-of-the-snowman/40th-Anniversary-of-The-Snowman-2018-UK-50p-Silver-Proof-Coin/

This is the first non-bullion coin I have bought.

Thanks to Shadow Stack for the heads up and promo code.

Lets say this is a hit, the Peter Rabbit 50p Silver Proof from 2016 is going for £700 on ebay, but how much would a coin dealer actually pay you for one of those today? Are these easy to sell without going down the ebay route?

2 minutes ago, fiveshotdon said:

Limited Edition 15,000

Maximum Coin Mintage 20000

which one is it?

15,000 for the one in the acrylic block that you can buy on the RM site. The other 5000 maybe saved for another presentation pack such as first day covers with stamps or sent for batch grading etc ( @Numistacker mentioned these possibilities in his video)

Archived