• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Snowman 50p Proof 2018

danmc82

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Oldun said:

Most are selling between £120 and £150 at the moment. The odd one at £300 but that seems silly as you can Buy it Now for under £150.

If I get £140 for mine I will be happy to have still doubled my money after the ebay fees.

21 minutes ago, investorman said:

Most are selling between £120 and £150 at the moment. The odd one at £300 but that seems silly as you can Buy it Now for under £150.

If I get £140 for mine I will be happy to have still doubled my money after the ebay fees.

They are indeed. The one that sold for £300 looks a bit 'suspect' to me but who knows, I got £400 for two concert tickets once when they were still available at cost price (£100 a pair). Some very rich people prefer to pay more for stuff, if money's no object then they actually feel more satisfied paying more of a premium. A subject in itself but there it is!

It's the predicted drop after the initial rush and as more people receive and list. I won't be selling mine at £140 minus fees!

1 hour ago, kimchi said:

They are indeed. The one that sold for £300 looks a bit 'suspect' to me but who knows, I got £400 for two concert tickets once when they were still available at cost price (£100 a pair). Some very rich people prefer to pay more for stuff, if money's no object then they actually feel more satisfied paying more of a premium. A subject in itself but there it is!

It's the predicted drop after the initial rush and as more people receive and list. I won't be selling mine at £140 minus fees!

There is definately more money to be made.

I just didnt start this to be a collector or flipper, I just want a little pot of gold (and silver) bullion in my safe for when I die with a note that says 'take me to Hatton Garden Metals'.

This is a good opportunity to make money but I would rather sell it quickly at profit and buy some bullion, otherwise I will just give it to my niece for xmas and she can try and flog it when shes 18 😁

I've never flipped a single coin in my life (nothing against flippers, just not for me :)), and I certainly didn't start with these stunning coins...I was busy when they were going for (what was then) 'reasonable' money at the time. Now it's come down and I'm not tempted to sell. These are worth much more than are being paid at present imvho, more than happy to hold :)

Indeed - I am locking my 2 white box away along with the gold snowman, which does seem to be selling at a significant premium right now...

(The nieces have got BU versions for Christmas - thanks for the suggestion whoever made it!)

11 minutes ago, Bullionbilly said:

Does @fehk2001 know where you live ? He may have " seduced " your postie and intercepted the delivery... he did have plenty of them 🤔

nowadays u don't need to know where they live ………….. digitial world

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

5 hours ago, investorman said:

Be ambitious ;)

2 hours ago, danmc82 said:

Thats odd. People who ordered way after you have had theirs. Have you had any emails?

Only one confirming the order. I have phoned them twice and been assured it's a fully paid, confirmed order that is with the dispatch dept. "they are very busy you know"  !!!:D

Obviously don't have the capability to fulfil orders in the order they were placed. :rolleyes:

I did place another order for a family member at the same time and that was delivered 3 days later.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

29 minutes ago, terakris said:

Just to let you know, I've just called and they still have some of the black box available. Max 3 per household, so I was able to get an additional 1 for £75.

oh great, I'll call now and buy another one.

thanks 

3 minutes ago, danmc82 said:

Did you get one? How many on their way to you?

I called them up, a grumpy man picked up the phone and basically told me to piss off 

he said they are all sold out, even the black and white boxes.

so I've only got 2 black & white boxes coming my way.

Archived