• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Snowman 50p Proof 2018

danmc82

Had a phone call from a local ish post office just before 12. They had a delivered and have a couple for me to collect at £60 each. 

Very shocked at the call now have to get there on Monday morning 

I admittedly did trawl around a lot of post offices on Wednesday so it has paid off 

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, h103efa said:

Just noticing sold prices of the coin, higher prices with the low CoA numbers.

I'm guessing the want for low CoA numbers is that the coin has less imperfections or is it just a desire for those certificates? Is there any data comparing quality/grading of coins of low and high CoA?

Folk love low COAs, without realising (or even with realising!) it doesn't necessarily reflect the quality of the coin. Sometimes it is meaningful (lucky numbers etc) sometimes it is just snootiness. I'm the same (with lucky numbers) I must admit with the forum bars on here (even though all of them are lovely!).

The grading companies (not that I personally would ever grade silver) sorta get this right but also at the same time so completely wrong (as to be totally misleading), with their time limited (e.g. NGC) 'first 500 struck' and 'early releases' labels that apparently appeal to the US market, where many of their most popular coins are huge mintages.

I'm happy with two of my three that they are in the 'last hundred struck'. I think number 15 000 would add a fair bit of value, as would number 00 0xx. I will bet that the first COA and many of the early ones, as well as the last, have gone to 'VIPs' or Mint staff.

1 hour ago, danmc82 said:

Has anyone got any with quite low numbers? Lowest ive seen so far is 201 I think.

I was quite lucky with mine as all in the 300's.

Old man have 4xx 

i have some 3xx and some 4xx 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

4 minutes ago, danmc82 said:

Thought you sold all yours?

Yes I can’t be ask and just sell them all as it is without telling them it’s low coa 

everyone likes a bit of pleasant surprise don’t they 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

Good News - I have struck mega lucky and managed to get hold of a gold Snowman from a cancelled order 👍

Bad News - My other half thinks that my 2 white box silver proof snowman coins would make a lovely Christmas for her nieces 😪 We don't normally spend £200 on each of them was my response...I don't think she bought it

15 minutes ago, Mike said:

Good News - I have struck mega lucky and managed to get hold of a gold Snowman from a cancelled order 👍

Bad News - My other half thinks that my 2 white box silver proof snowman coins would make a lovely Christmas for her nieces 😪 We don't normally spend £200 on each of them was my response...I don't think she bought it

Has the beginnings of a no win situation, good luck 🍺

44 minutes ago, Mike said:

buy a couple of the BU coins the kids won't know the difference.

49 minutes ago, Mike said:

Didnt you tell me the coins were damaged and you were returning them for a refund ? 😉

Assembled my first 3D printer this morning.

1st print off the bed was a snowman stand I designed in tinkercad.

There is a recess under the perspex for a 10mm RGB LED strip light that I have on order so it can be illuminated in any colour with a remote control.

I did add 2 snowflakes either side of the text, looks ok on left but a bit dodgy on the right so I may remove them and reprint:

IMG_20181110_233231_resized_20181110_113409884.jpg

Archived